OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hi!

Started by 3rdDay, May 04, 2016, 02:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdDay

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum this is my first post. I recently started making pot calls a few months ago and love it. Made about 30 so far. And sold about 15 of those. Thankfully everyone who has tried them has had nothing but good things to say about them. I'm a bit unorthodox about the way I build mine as I don't use templates, I never make two the same, nothing precision I just let the wood guide me. I do have a jig I use to help me drill the holes in the bottom so I get even spacing. I look forward to posting some pictures here and maybe learning a few things.

Triple B

Welcome to the Forum.If you are that far along after a few months, good for you. Me, I can't barely glue 2 toothpicks together, so I have alot of respect for all the craftsman and call builders on here. Look forward to seeing some of your work.. :icon_thumright:

AndyinIdaho

Way cool!! I think turning pots would be a super fun hobby. Good on you for getting started!!

3rdDay

I don't know if this is ok, if not admins can remove it, but if you like to check my calls out and you are on Facebook. Look at my group 3rd Day Calls and Creations. I have a page as well but the group is more up to date on my offerings.

mgm1955

:welcomeOG: Good luck with your calls! Any chance of a pic for those of us that don't do Facebook?

3rdDay

3rdDay

A 3" call and striker. I did the call. The wife turned the striker. The pot is spalted Persimmon. Slate over glass.

3rdDay

Figured Black Walnut with sand blasted glass over zebra wood

outdoors

NICE LOOKING CALLS
HOWS THE 3" sound
Do you have a sound clip  thanks
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

3rdDay

The 3" gives a higher pitch but is a very nice crisp clean sound. By far my favorite.

I have tried recording my calls but I'm not happy with the sound quality I'm getting in my recordings so not at this time. Sorry!