turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decision Time..Cox or Buice?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, May 01, 2016, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Looking to add another trumpet to my collection. I've narrowed it down between Billy Buice and Frank Cox. Tough decision here. What do y'all think?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

larry9988

If you want it anytime soon you will have to go with the Buice, unless you know someone that has a Cox they will part with.

mgm1955

Quote from: larry9988 on May 01, 2016, 01:20:11 PM
If you want it anytime soon you will have to go with the Buice, unless you know someone that has a Cox they will part with.
True enough. Get one from Billy now and get on Frank's list.

larry9988

I see you live in Georgia, I do too. I may live close enough you could come play mine and make a decision. I have one from each callmaker and you could play them and then decide.

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for the information and the offer. The fact of the waiting list may be enough to make me go with the Buice first, as I'm sure I will end up with both eventually. How long normally is the wait time for a Cox trumpet?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

davisd9

Easy one with no hesitation, go with Buice.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: davisd9 on May 01, 2016, 04:55:53 PM
Easy one with no hesitation, go with Buice.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Agreed.  I have both and would go with the Buice. 

painterjp

Try to get on Frank's List, They are all Turkey!

Trumpetyelper

Frank Cox Turkey call is the best choice in my opinion.  I am biased though. 

Britton40

Andy S.

Cox all day long. Wait time is about 12-18 months, cost is $250-$350 depending on wood, ferrule, mouthpiece combination.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

idratherb

herb hornstra, permar or cox those are all anyone would need

savduck

Georgia Boy

Trumpetyelper

Also have to consider if this will strictly be a hunting call or also a future collection investment.  Cox calls carry more value in the future because of availability.

nitro

Hegler, Hornstra, Cox, Permar, Buice....

Buice is what I use to kill lots of Gobblers with- for a long time.. they suit my playing style and the interchangeable mouthpiece is a great option. Billy can make a plain jane hunter grade or a sure enough highend collector's item.

You have lots of choices out there. Good luck on your quest.
Royal Slam 2008