turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For the Trumpet Guys....

Started by hunter22, May 23, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here is a double trumpet holster I recently picked up on ebay. The holster was made by Jason Schaffer. At one time he made fine holsters for short boxes, longboxes, and trumpets. I think Jason has stopped making them for now but hopefully will start back in the future. The trumpet holster shown can be worn across your chest with the strap going over your shoulder. The name "Rookie" describes me pretty well when it come sto running a trumpet.

Jacobson

That is very nice. My biggest issue with hunting with trumpets is how best to carry them, as they can get road rash pretty fast around my neck. I am always aware of were they are and watch so I do not crush them. Nice!!!

M Sharpe

Nice looking set up Rickey. I generally stick them between the buttons on my shirt, that way they aren't flopping around.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

West Augusta

I've been putting mine in my shirt pocket under my vest.  I like that holster better.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

boatpaddle

A great way to protect all those investment trumpets.... :you_rock:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

pappy

wondering who was outbidding me...LOL
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

nitro

Would a crisp new $50 bill interest you, I am sure interested in the chest rig...

Nice !!! I would use one of those.
Royal Slam 2008

hunter22

Nitro,

You wanting to rent it for a week? I paid more than $50 for this setup and was glad to get it. You might contact Jason and see if he will make you one. He had talked about getting back into holster making. He is not a memebr of this forum.   

West Augusta

Jason currently isn't making holsters.  He hopes to get back in to making them "someday".
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

outdoors

THAT WOOD BE NICE IF @ WHEN HE WILL START TO MAKE 'M AGAIN  :turkey:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

turkeyfanatic

I would imagine he will be making them sooner than later. He got hit with some tough times. He's doing well and talking about starting them back up.

Check out some of his work here

http://www.timberkreekcarving.com

Hopefully holsters will be added soon. Those that are interested contact him through the site or give him a call by the number listed on the site.

The more guys that contact him the sooner he will get back to making them ; )

Thanks

Matt k

I know this is an old one but that is a nice holster. Havent seen one like that before

mgm1955

arthur

.i do leatherwrk and im currently brainstorming a holster desighn that will strap on your turkey vest shoulder strap . will make holsters for others if any interest in them