Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

God was in on this one: Some downs, some ups and a unique find.

Started by Strick9, April 30, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

That is a memory that will never leave that family, how a stranger helped them out in their time of need.....God definitely placed you there....power house of a story and great testimony to having the lord in your heart.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

catman529

Wow that's crazy, you stopped by at the right time. Glad the old man was OK and hope he can get out to enjoy a few more turkey hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strick9

Whats even more divine is that my own last Grandfather, who was a great friend to me, actually passed yesterday a couple hours after I found that man in the woods. He was 85, had run away and worked the railroads at the age of 14 and was a yarn teller, banjo player and  a "randy" man as it was known back then. He had a tough start but finished well !
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

SteelerFan

Tip of the camo cap to you, sir!  :camohat:

(sorry to hear about your own grandfather)

mgm1955

Quote from: Ol timer on May 01, 2016, 09:00:58 AM
It's nice to know there are still folks out there like you. Great story and write up it would be great if you can hunt with him and take a Turkey on that hunt.
That would be a super ending!! Heart warming story.

crow

Quote from: g8rvet on May 01, 2016, 09:31:13 AM
QuoteWell on the way home It dawned on me that had Stump killed a bird this morning I wouldn't have even gone back out this afternoon. At their trucks he said this was gonna be his last season. I said not if the good lord is willing and I can help.
God had plans for you and you listened.  You are a good man in a world where that is harder to find at time.  God Bless you and your family.  God is Good.  All the time.

this ^^ about says it
good job man on listening/doing what God was saying, keeping a cool head and giving your time to get him out.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Va3toes

Great story! In this day and age it does a heart good to hear of things like this. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

tomstopper

That's great what you did. The world needs more people like you. My condolences to you and your family in regards to the loss of your grandpa. God Bless

renegade19

silvestris

It has been many years since I have been lost.  Lost is tough.  Lost and old, well that is really tough.  Glad you got him out.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

RutnNStrutn

Awesome job!! That's was very conscientious of you to go back to check on him, and to spend your time finding him!! :icon_thumright:

HFultzjr

Great reading this!
It's nice to know there are some people still left that don't define success, by killing a bird.
Enjoy and be thankful for what you have. Life is too short.
"You done did good boy"

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

DawgsFan1

Great story. Glad you were able to get him out. It is amazing how God works things out.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6