turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wincheester SXP Lemon

Started by dg7mm08, April 28, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg7mm08

I must first say that I've  never written a negative  review on any product  before. I ordered a Winchester SXP  20ga Turkey Hunter which is a beautiful little gun and picked it up yesterday . I assembled it and tried to pump the action and eventually I got it open, the button that allows it to open was really hard to push in. When I pushed the safety off and tried to pull the trigger to see how the pull was ..... nothing; It would move back but wouldn't snap . I took the trigger assembly out and everything looked OK as far as I could see ,sprayed One Shot cleaner / dry lube on it hoping it might help but it didn't. I have owned dozens of different firearms over the last 40 years and never have I had this type of problem before. I got in touch with Winchester and I will be shipping it back for service . It really sucks to buy a new gun and not even shoot it before you have to send it back for repairs.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Greg Massey

Tell them for all your trouble you want a trigger job done on the gun also..

mgm1955

Tell them you want a new gun.

Greg Massey

owlhoot

tell them you want a refund, turkey season is now.
How long are you going to have to wait?

wmn2

That's crazy. I have the 12 gauge version and it's been awesome so far. I hope they fix it quick for you

Semper Fidelis

dg7mm08

Quote from: owlhoot on April 29, 2016, 08:42:30 AM
tell them you want a refund, turkey season is now.
How long are you going to have to wait?
I have no idea the guy didn't say and I didn't ask. I tried to control myself while I was speaking with him .

dg7mm08

Quote from: wmn2 on April 29, 2016, 10:39:30 AM
That's crazy. I have the 12 gauge version and it's been awesome so far. I hope they fix it quick for you

Semper Fidelis
I looked online for reviews and the only negative one I saw was on YouTube with a problem similar to mine . Just my luck.

dg7mm08

wmn2

The only negative I found was the first run of axp's you could close the slide and the round would go off. Defective safety. They had a recall and fixed it though. Mine is very accurate and I love it. I'm a die hard Winchester shotgun shooter so I'm a little partial. I hope they get it fixed and you can enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Semper Fidelis

Gooserbat

Lemons happen see how they take care of the problem and that is how to judge.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dg7mm08

Talked to Winchester on 5/13/16 about the service progress on my gun and was told that it should be sent back to me next week if the final checks go OK. I can't wait to see how it does!

357MAGNOLE

:z-twocents:

Sad turn around time. I won't purchase a new Winchester anytime soon.

I had a problem with my stock on my SX3 and it took 4 months for them to send the replacement part. 4 months. While they keep turning out guns by the hundreds using the same part that is "back ordered"

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

dg7mm08

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on May 14, 2016, 08:19:21 PM
:z-twocents:

Sad turn around time. I won't purchase a new Winchester anytime soon.

I had a problem with my stock on my SX3 and it took 4 months for them to send the replacement part. 4 months. While they keep turning out guns by the hundreds using the same part that is "back ordered"
I had owned 2  Winchesters /USRA  previously before a M70 &  M1300 that were both good guns and that's the experience I went in with . But I probably won't ever buy another new Winchester either.