News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Many Guys Here Have Got Choke Tube Syndrome

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 04, 2011, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: njdevilsb on April 04, 2011, 07:18:17 PM
For me it's more the fun of shooting new things to see what it can do.  It's fun just walking up to a target to see what I've got.  I think we all know we don't need 280 hits in a 10" at 40 to kill a bird.  It's become more of a hobby for me than thinking it's a necessity to kill a bird.

X2.  The old man is old school...shoot it to make sure you can hit a turkey with it and you're done.  He can't wrap his head around why I'm up to the house every other weekend tinkering around with shotgun AND rifle loads.  It's just fun to see what you can get a certain combo to do wether it's pattern density or group size.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

hunttherut

I agree.  Tinkering with one trying to get it to shoot well is a hobby in itself!

ILIKEHEVI-13

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteHow Many Guys Here Have Got Choke Tube Syndrome

I must admit that I used to have this disease.  I went through at least 10 different turkey chokes, not to mention "other" types of chokes.....just in my 12 Gauge 870.  I finally realized that every shell likes a different choke, and that this is all a big numbers game anyway.  I quit chasing the numbers.  Nice even patterns at common hunting distances are all that I care about anymore.  I have 3 Turkey chokes for the 870, plus 1 XFULL choke, and I don't plan to buy anymore.

I recently bought a BPS.  I bought just 1 Turkey choke, and 1 XFULL choke.  I don't plan to buy anymore chokes for the BPS.

Buy a quality choke and work the shells around it, because the shells will always change.

trkehunr93

As of tomorrow I will have 4 for my 835, factory X-Full, Brileys Hevi-Shot choke tube, Primos jellyhead and now a Star Dot.  Don't tell my wife she might make me start selling some of them. ;)

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think the next choke I'm gonna buy is going to be a Pure Gold.  Shawn has got me wanting to try one in my 835.  I know they are built like a tank, and I haven't seen any pictures of them having any issues with any particular loads.