OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 calls I want to add to my addiction!

Started by HFultzjr, April 27, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Over spent my budget this year on calls, but before the next season I plan on having.

1. Sneed Hot Hen
2. SS Short Box

This year I added:

Crystal Mistress
Mike Yingling Pot Call
Spring Creek Short Box (bought in fall, but used once in the fall season)
Dead End Slate Pot Call
Roost Wrecker Slate Pot Call
Lights Out Copper Pot Call (on the way)
H.S. Strut Glass Ring Zone bought on sale for $3.99 new. Plan on giving to a newbie or kid
H.S. Strut Slate Ring Zone bought on sale for $3.99 new. Had planned on giving away, but this thing is dang good with the right striker, believe it or not. Maybe still give it to the right person. I wish I would have bought several more of this one for "gifts". Sounds better than most store bought calls.

Wife is ready to kill me!

TauntoHawk

Sounds like a good Haul, and a good plan for next spring. I'm a huge fan of SS boxes and calls

I always make a few pick ups, kept it pretty tame this year I think lol

Frank Kruer Long box
Terry Baker short box
Beard Hunter mini single sider box
4 X SS Scratch Boxes
Oak Ridge Scratch box

Always get a few extra mouth calls to try. I'm also already have few waiting lists for call orders for next year
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mgm1955

MDSTRUTNRUT

You sure about that Sneed call, can't find his website, didnt take paypal when I finally got a phone number I think it was a hardline , who the heck has one of those anymore.   I finally talked to to this old guy and all he  wanted to do was talk turkey huntin.    Then the old guy signed the thing and put to some guy named VIC on it, all I wanted to know was how long it would take to get the call from the main factory in CHINA    GO FIGURE!      This was a couple years ago things might have changed, I think they are on  fb now

PS    these 2 from this year in one day courtesy "Outlaw Hen"      MANY THANKS  LONNIE!!!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: TURKEYSTALKER on April 28, 2016, 09:52:04 PM
You sure about that Sneed call, can't find his website, didnt take paypal when I finally got a phone number I think it was a hardline , who the heck has one of those anymore.   I finally talked to to this old guy and all he  wanted to do was talk turkey huntin.    Then the old guy signed the thing and put to some guy named VIC on it, all I wanted to know was how long it would take to get the call from the main factory in CHINA    GO FIGURE!      This was a couple years ago things might have changed, I think they are on  fb now

PS    these 2 from this year in one day courtesy "Outlaw Hen"      MANY THANKS  LONNIE!!!

:TooFunny:  I called Lonnie and spoke to him today. Got on the books for a Hot Hen as well as an Outlaw Hen. We talked turkeys for a bit then it led to deer hunting. It was certainly a conversation worth it's time.

grayfox

Bought 3 calls from Lonnie last year. What a joy it was talking to him.

lmbhngr

When I call the callmaker I enjoy the conversation more than the call!!

yelpaholic

I added a
Frank kruer one sider
jeff mckamey one sider
pat strawser blue deuce
clint corder glass call
holloran wenge slate
schaffer green aluminum
and a stuckey blue mahoe glass,,, good grief no wonder I am broke..no more nwtf conventions for me I cant afford it LOL

tha bugman

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 27, 2016, 08:44:40 AM
Over spent my budget this year on calls, but before the next season I plan on having.

1. Sneed Hot Hen
2. SS Short Box

This year I added:

Crystal Mistress
Mike Yingling Pot Call
Spring Creek Short Box (bought in fall, but used once in the fall season)
Dead End Slate Pot Call
Roost Wrecker Slate Pot Call
Lights Out Copper Pot Call (on the way)
H.S. Strut Glass Ring Zone bought on sale for $3.99 new. Plan on giving to a newbie or kid
H.S. Strut Slate Ring Zone bought on sale for $3.99 new. Had planned on giving away, but this thing is dang good with the right striker, believe it or not. Maybe still give it to the right person. I wish I would have bought several more of this one for "gifts". Sounds better than most store bought calls.

Wife is ready to kill me!
Hey I bought a HS Strut  Sweet Suzie on sale and was highly impressed with tone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

HS Strut  Sweet Suzie
                   YUP
I STOPED BY WALMART AT THE BEGINNING OF OUR SEASON
AND BOUGHT THIS CALL JUST FOR THE STRIKER AND  FOR
JUST FOR GIGGLES I CONDITIONED THE SERVICE AND I WAS
IMPRESSED WITH SOUND ................
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

HFultzjr

I was amazed at the sounds from the H.S. Strut Ring Zone. Both glass and slate.
With the right striker........amazing for a call costing $3.99.
Sounds better than most "store bought" calls costing much more.
Definitely could bring in a gobbler.

Already on Lonnie's list for several calls and added an SS short box already"
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,66111.0.html

:turkey2: