OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Packing extra strikers?

Started by 1iagobblergetter, April 24, 2016, 11:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

My vest only has 3 individual places for strikers and like alot of you I like to carry more than that. Does anyone make something I can use to carry more strikers without them getting broken or banged up. After buying something for them Im considering buying an alpaca to carry some of my stuff. Lol...I usually pack with the intention of hunting for the day if that's what it takes. Thanks

eorlando

Check out flintlockgirl on here. She makes striker roll ups. They ate just what you are looking for. I think she may be done making them for the year though. PM her

wally243

I carry mine in the elastic shell holders. Room for 7 plus 3 shells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

Here's another vote for flintlockgirl

HFultzjr

flintlockgirl makes quality stuff.
I have 1 of her striker roll-ups and it's great.
Well made, heavy duty and camo.
Should last a lifetime as long as I don't lose it........LOL!

Triple B

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 24, 2016, 10:06:42 PM
flintlockgirl makes quality stuff.
I have 1 of her striker roll-ups and it's great.
Well made, heavy duty and camo.
Should last a lifetime as long as I don't lose it........LOL!
I will 2nd that, I have one as well.A very well made functional product. :icon_thumright:

1iagobblergetter

Thanks everyone. Looks like a good addition to the vest. Sounds like she's done making them for the season, but told me to watch for next time.

jlawson382

I had some closed-cell foam laying around, so I rigged up something myself.  Cut a block to fit in my vest pocket and drilled holes in it for the strikers, about 1/16" smaller than the striker diameters.  The foam gives enough to friction-fit em in the holes.

(No making fun of my el cheapo mass-market strikers, now.  ;) )

KYFrid

I'll third flintlock girls striker roll ups. If you can hold off til next spring, definitely pick one up. I'm glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

I love my striker roll up pouch.

jbrown

Over the years, Ive tried many diff ways to carry strickers, Ive even had ind. hard plastic tubes with tops. Right now, all I use are pencil erasers on the tips of my strickers and carry them in a zip up pocket on my vest. Works great for me