turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine

Started by Gobble!, February 09, 2011, 09:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Looking for a good magazine and found this one.
Anybody get this magazine?
What do you think of it?

shootumindaface

You seriously have never read T and TH... Its pretty good some issues are better than others and some articles are better than others.. I think its the best Turkey hunting mag going however.

CASH

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 09, 2011, 09:40:14 PM
You seriously have never read T and TH... Its pretty good some issues are better than others and some articles are better than others.. I think its the best Turkey hunting mag going however.

I agree.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

VAHUNTER

i get it and really like it. GREAT magazine
Good things come to those who wait

hobbes

I don't have subscription, but usually pick up 2 or 3 issues in the Spring.  I drove through a white out snow storm to pick up the latest issue last week.  Its a good read even if some of it is the same ole stuff.  I like the photos a lot.  

Look at the latest issue's photo of the tom strutting on the limb in the dark.  Look at how stiff he looks. I'd bet that is a mounted bird.  

dodger

I got a year of free mags... Their good to pass the time and read about turkeys

lohaus

I like the magazine.  It is a quick read.  I'm not a guru so I pick up things here and there.

Fullfan

Well I thing it is a bunch of trash. I remember when it was in black and white. The stories were about everyday turkey hunters. Now it is just the " pros" telling you how to talk the talk or, the two way ticket to quietville.

And you can not forget all the "Hey buy this, you need this and this, and you can not kill a long beard without this"

Just my .02
Don't gobble at me...

stinkpickle

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 09, 2011, 09:40:14 PM

True dat!  I probably have, at least, 15 years worth of issues scattered around the house.

RutnNStrutn

It's my favorite magazine. Very good articles and info!! :icon_thumright:

sodfather

I like it an visits the thinking thrown shelf.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Fullfan on February 09, 2011, 10:23:47 PM
Well I thing it is a bunch of trash. I remember when it was in black and white. The stories were about everyday turkey hunters. Now it is just the " pros" telling you how to talk the talk or, the two way ticket to quietville.

And you can not forget all the "Hey buy this, you need this and this, and you can not kill a long beard without this"

Just my .02

it's not as good as it use to be
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

boggszilla

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 09, 2011, 10:31:48 PM
It's my favorite magazine. Very good articles and info!! :icon_thumright:

bad birds,near the back is a good read.

Tail Feathers

I like it but they want over $30 for another year's subscription now!  Too rich for my blood, I'll let it lapse for that price.

Can re-subscribe as new subscriber next year for about $15.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!