turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo Rain gear

Started by Hootowl, February 09, 2011, 09:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

I am headed to Kansas on May 12, and really the only thing I need is a decent set of Camo Rain wear, probably around $100 to 150 price range? What do you all have and like and dislike about what you have..

Basser69

Frogtoggs. The only way to fly

ClayW

GameHide is some of the best that I've ever worn

www.gamehide.com

West Augusta

Advantage Timber Gore Tex that will store in a fanny pack under my chair and fit over my regular camo.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

FttFttVroom!

Squal-tex is pretty good.  I like frog togs because it breathes better and is light weight.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

woodchip

Are the Frogg Toggs a quiet material?

socalturkeyman

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 09, 2011, 09:57:29 PM
Squal-tex is pretty good.  I like frog togs because it breathes better and is light weight.

x2 on the Squal-tex. The plus is that its not as loud as other rain gear.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

turkey_slayer

Quote from: woodchip on February 10, 2011, 12:51:04 AM
Are the Frogg Toggs a quiet material?

There not real loud but there not quiet either.  I hunted in mine in a down pour all day and was soaked by the end of the day.  Never got wet in a light drizzle though.

paturkeyhntr

RedHead StormTex by BassPro.  It is quiet material.  The only problem is the jacket has elastic around the bottom and it tends to ride up your back when you sit down. I would get 1 size bigger than you normally wear to help "creep" up the back.  I got the jacket and pants for under $100.

Hootowl

Well I just Orderd me a Set of Frogtoggs Camo. See how I like it, Was'nt alot of Money either. :thanks:

mnturkey

I forget what kind I got but one of my requirments was that the legs had to zipper all the way up the side, so I can get in and out of them easily.  even with the zipper up to the knee I have had to take my boots off to get in them and out of them.
SEMPER FI

Devastator

frogg toggs,there not as noisy as i thought they were going to be.

Hootowl

Plus it was in my price range Cheap no 69 dollars and free shipping Thanks Guys for all the  :help: on choices

Tail Feathers

I use a Mil Spec digital woodland camo poncho.  It breathes from below, covers me and my vest easily and cost about $25.  Very waterproof too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!