turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 wingmaster and Federal HW #7

Started by coonhunter, April 18, 2016, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coonhunter

Here is the 870 wingmaster 26" that my son is using this year.  It has a 26" barrel with a full choke.  These are federal Hw 2 3/4" #7 reduce recoil loads at 30 yards.  180 in the 10".  I would not be afraid to shoot 40 with this loads.
Joshua 24:15

sevetts

I was very pleased with them out of my son's 1187 and like you would not be scared AT ALL to shot them at 40. Great pattern

Dr Juice

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

owlhoot

Looks real good.
Shoot it a 40 if you get a chance and post it up.
for the curious.

legend

surehuntsalot

not bad at all, those full chokes can fool you, some of them can throw some good "hunting" patterns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

coonhunter

Quote from: legend on April 25, 2016, 10:37:03 PM
what choke are you using

Regular FULL.  I did not want to go too tight for my son.  I limit his shots to 30 or so.
Joshua 24:15

Izzyjoe

Wow, that's really good for a full choke, I would definitely shoot it at 40yds just to see what it does!

Phire Phite

That looks quite good.  I just got done visiting someone that asked what to use out of one of these guns to use for turkey.  It was his grandfathers.  No vent rib on the barrel and no choke.  Does yours have a screw in choke?  I need to start investigating for him.