OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lynch Foolproof wood type?

Started by agent eight seven O, April 13, 2016, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

I just purchased a Lynch Foolproof box call. I was wondering what kind of wood the paddle and box is made out of. Thanks in advance for any info.

jed clampett

Yes ..i do believe they are mahogany...i have a lynch fool proof deluxe...it was mahogany...i was thinking about posting it in the classifieds

Spitten and drummen

This is correct. It's a all mahogany box call. I have 3 of the older 1970 made ones. Killed a lot of birds with them. The newer ones don't sound as good to me.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Old Gobbler

Some versions are ALL Honduran Mahogany,  there are some versions where the body in Honduran Mahogany and the lid is Walnut ,post a pic up for us and we will be able to tell
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter22

I have a couple older Lynch's that were made in Alabama and they have walnut lids and mahogany boxes.

agent eight seven O

Sorry, I can't post a picture. Not that technologically advanced. Now that you mention it, I would say the paddle and box is two different woods. Thank you.

jed clampett

The fooolproof in Midwest says walnut/mahogany

M Sharpe

The Liberty ones that are just foolproof 101 are all mahogany. The deluxe version has a walnut lid. Same as the world champions. However, I had heard that in the early years, that some of them could have been made from old pallets. Course back then before exotics and all came into focus, who knows what those pallets could have been made from.......
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!