OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new guy needs help...please

Started by snapper1982, April 02, 2011, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

i have been thinking about making my own calls. could anyone please tell me the equipment and materials needed to make a pot call and /or maybe an insturctional video or web page. really anything will be appreiciated. also anything on box calls.. thank you for all your help..Ron

lightsoutcalls

Did you try a search on this topic?  I know that some posts may have been lost in the "crash", but there may be some info. still available by searching this sub- forum. 
If you don't come up with anything, shoot me a PM and I will try to help out.

Wendell
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TarheelTurk

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 02, 2011, 09:31:10 PM
i have been thinking about making my own calls. could anyone please tell me the equipment and materials needed to make a pot call and /or maybe an insturctional video or web page. really anything will be appreiciated. also anything on box calls.. thank you for all your help..Ron

Im new also so here's my .5 cents worth( got my very first call on my lathe now ). Just off the top of my head for pot type calls do a YouTube search for a basic idea of the process for turning a turkey call. Most guys use a wood lathe ( i found my OLD craftsman on craigslist) Yes Wendell is right,ALOT of stuff did get lost in the site crash but theres a bunch on here thats new that will be a tremendous help to someone getting started. As for books its a popular book on turning duck calls& game calls out that was recommended in one post on here not long ago i think. I will also tell you the group of guys on here are top notch as far as being a tremedous help to a "new guy " such as myself. BTW welcome to OLDGOBBLER

Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

smurf

Jason's right.   Search youtube for "how to make a turkey call"  there are a number of good videos on there.  I make mine on a mini lathe but there are some guys on here that do theres by hand or with a router.  Good luck and welcome.                  Mike
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.