News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Value

Started by seadux, April 07, 2016, 09:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadux

Folks,
I purchased this Remington 870 Super Mag Max Gobbler w/Knoxx recoil reducing stock NIB on Gun Broker in 2009. The gun has had a custom trigger job (all parts REM polished and REM blacked and the spring changed) and has a trigger pull of 2.5 lbs. The barrel has been honed and polished and has a JellyHead .665 choke tube. It is topped with a Simmons 4x turkey scope. It was my primary hunting gun for 5 years and accounted for over 20 birds. It shoots 3.5" H-13 #7s and Win. LB #6 very well (I have the targets to prove it!). I am not looking to sell it right now! I need it as a back-up for this season. But eventually I am going to add another 20 ga to the flock so this gun will become even more of a safe queen. If it was yours what would you want for it? Thanks! - Seadux  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Gobble!

Saw your post on the other forum and meant to go back and see what people were saying. I have the same gun with a .675 Indian Creek, Burris FF3, and Timney Trigger.

I look at it like this if you go buy a 870 and try to deck it out like a MaxGobbler your going to have $1,000 in it. Now it is really worth that to someone, I highly doubt it. My best guess would be $700 and that may be too high.

New 870 SM - $350
Burris FF3 - $200
Indian Creek Choke - $60
Timney Trigger - $90
Knoxx Stock - $100
Full Camo Dip - ~$250

blueridgegobbler

I love some 870s but at the end of the day its still an 870 tricked out or not you looking 600 max more in the 500 range on most days. The problem with tricked out guns is someone is going to have to want it tricked the same way you do.

seadux

I was coming up with about $660 if you figured about $350 for the used 870 SM turkey gun.  Granted, I likely have nearly $900 in the rig.  I also realize that at the end of the day you still have a Rem 870, even though it is a turkey killing machine! :OGturkeyhead:

BINK McCARTY

Look at it like this...ifn you dont have to sell it then its ALWAYS gonna be worth more for the simple reasoning you dont HAVE to sell it. My guess would be $750-$800,simply because its a dedicated turkey gun,tricked out,customized rig.

Philippe

Put it this way, nobody including a gun store will give you what you put into a gun, it just isn't happening. Don't expect more than 3-350 for it outright. You would be better off partng the gun the gun out. Not trying to be mean here, just trying to be up front and honest.