turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally

Started by callmakerman, April 04, 2016, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Got this one done. I bought a piece of snakewood off ebay some time last year I guess thinking I would turn a pot or two.  I get the wood and see a few small cracks that I started filling with this CA glue. This goes on for some time so then I think it's ready to cut and there's more cracks which I fill. Now I'm thinking it's ready to turn but NOOOOOOOOOO you guessed it more filling needed. Not going to bore you with more headaches of gluing. I finally turned this Saturday making it an aluminum over glass. Not the prettiest call with light figure but it sounds so good. I'm going to be doing one of my SofTalkers out of the other piece after..... you guessed it. More gluing.  This wood didn't look this bad until I started cutting into it. Point being you never know what your going to get out of the wood spend good money on. Thanx for the look.

eorlando

Looks good Bill. I've been waiting to see that one for a while. Haha

SteelerFan

Looks like a killer  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Triple B

Great looking call Bill.That piece of wood was too expensive to give it the old foot stomp on the garage floor,  :TooFunny: regardless of how much work and grief you put into it. It turned out to be a cool pot.

callmakerman

Your right Eric it's been a long road on this one. I actually started to turn it two weeks ago when I had to stop and fill more cracks. Funny thing is that the Tulipwood striker next to it was the same way and that sucker has found a home in my vest for sure. No stomping this one Mark. I had to much time into it for that. :TooFunny:

Matt k

SS Calls

Nice job Bill! That's why I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money on some of the high end exotic woods. Been in the same boat as you. It takes a lot of the fun away for sure!

callmakerman

Quote from: SS Calls on April 04, 2016, 11:46:42 AM
Nice job Bill! That's why I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money on some of the high end exotic woods. Been in the same boat as you. It takes a lot of the fun away for sure!
For the most part Al they all work well but finding snakewood that's big enough for a pot is hard and then there's the cracks that don't count as a defect. Then it gets fun sometimes. I bought this knowing there would be some work on my end. I just didn't figure this much. In the end a great sounding call for the vest.

REBELYELL

That's killer Bill. Bet it sounds great.

:icon_thumright:

mgm1955

Looks like a fine call worth the work! Great job Bill!!