With 84 hits in the ten ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gasfish26

And the last is hevi mag blend 5,6,7
3 inch shell
With 104 hits

BrowningGuy88

That will work. With a SumToy 562 my little 870 will put 120 6's in the 10 at 40.

Gasfish26

Forgot to mention this was a youth gun
And it has only have one box of target loads through it

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dr Juice

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 27, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
any of those patterns will take a bird
I concur as long as you keep 40-Yds your outer limit. What does the pattern look like at 30-yds?

g8rvet

Maybe I have been looking at too many loads and getting caught up in numbers, but I always seem to have birds that come in thick areas, or something seems to go wrong. I personally would try for better than 100 in the 10" if I was gonna use it at 40 yards.  Now at 30, I would assume those would be perfect.  I hunt  fields a lot and wanted a good 40 yard pattern.  Killed one walking last year (him, not me) at 38 steps and it felt good knowing I was putting over 160 in the 10" at 40 yards. I don't think 160 is necessary, but 100 would make me a little cautious.  I know earlier in my career I missed a big public land Tom at 35 steps.  Well, I did not miss him, there were feather everywhere, but he did not die.  Still makes me sick thinking about it.  I think I just did not get a kill pellet in there.  Just random good luck for him, bad for me.  Just my thoughts. Not being critical and I really hope you post a pic of a massive Tom and say "see here G8rvet, a 100 count in the 10" is just fine!".  Good luck.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

codym

The 7's look like the best pattern just high, I think if you got the POI down on them a bit that would be easily the winner.

NYlogbeards

They all look pretty good, The poi on the #7 are little high and poi on mag blends are a little to the left the #6 look dead on, i say pattern each at 20 and 30 yards and see whats better for close and longer shots, but it seems it don't matter what shell is in the barrel any gobbler that steps in front of that will be taking a nap for an eternity