OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody that reloads, need info.

Started by stringtalker, March 25, 2016, 01:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Has any of you reloaders tried the ITX shot? If so, how does it pattern? Which patterns better, 4's, 5's, or 6's. I found a guy that sells ammo and he has 20 gauge 3 inch magnums loaded with #4's ITX shot for $12.50 for a box of 5.
Douglas

snapper1982

No need for #4s especially with HTL shot. Doubt there are many #4s in a 20 gauge load. Better off with #6s with the itx

stringtalker

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 25, 2016, 02:06:11 PM
No need for #4s especially with HTL shot. Doubt there are many #4s in a 20 gauge load. Better off with #6s with the itx
This guy only loads the #4 shot in the ITX. If he loads #6's he calls it a special run and you have to buy a case of them. I was just goin to try them out if that shot patterned good. But if #4's pattern good, it doesn't make any difference if there is more shot in the 6's.
Douglas

Gobble!

Don't waste your time with #4s. If it's due to the price just shoot the Winchester long beards. Not sure what the load size is but there are only 115 pellets per oz of ITX #4s.

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Gobble! on March 25, 2016, 05:00:05 PM
Don't waste your time with #4s. If it's due to the price just shoot the Winchester long beards. Not sure what the load size is but there are only 115 pellets per oz of ITX #4s.

20  guage so no long beards, most likely the Federal hevi 7s will out perform them easily, but for the price I would buy em and if they do not hold a nice pattern for turks they would make a great duck load.

Gooserbat

No other factory load will outperform fed hw#7 in a 20.  If you want to out do that it's tss time.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stringtalker

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 25, 2016, 07:50:20 PM
No other factory load will outperform fed hw#7 in a 20.  If you want to out do that it's tss time.
This isn't factory ammo, its custom made ammo, my original question was, has anybody that reloads ever used the ITX heavier than lead shot?
Douglas