turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro 20ga loads

Started by outdoorsmen, March 23, 2016, 10:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsmen

Does anyone just say "screw it I'll just shoot the nitros and call it good"? Instead of playing with all the rest

stringtalker

Nope, just buy the federal heavyweight #7's and your done, they have shot great in every 20 gauge I've owned
Douglas

surehuntsalot

I have shot a few of them and still have 8 or so of them somewhere
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

Yep good shells ,pretty hard to beat unless you make your own.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

chris30br

Load Tss and never look back!

huntmaster80

Quote from: chris30br on March 24, 2016, 12:46:01 AM
Load Tss and never look back!

i did, and i dont know how anything else could compare

owlhoot

Quote from: stringtalker on March 23, 2016, 10:45:52 PM
Nope, just buy the federal heavyweight #7's and your done, they have shot great in every 20 gauge I've owned
X2   from a fixed full 37A single shot , 870 21" and 4-5 chokes, a few others. Plus tons of others posts on here.  That load makes a 40 yard yard turkey gun with a 20  :morning:

chatterbox

Heviweight #7's are in my opinion, the finest 20 ga production she'll on the market.
It's the reason I went away from my 12 and dropped to the 20!

MattinIdaho

I have nothing but total faith and great things to say about Nitros through any choke or gun I have shot them through. Benelli, Remington, Charles Daly. I will be shooting them again this year. Remington 1187 with Pure Gold .570. My son will be shooting them. Charles Daly with an HS Strut Undertaker. The very best pattern count I've ever shot was with that tiny youth model CD and an Indian Creek .555. I love em!!

CAJUN LAB

Love my Nitros but some day when I get close to the bottom of the box of 25 I may look into Feds or TSS. For now it's all nitro everything for me!

sevetts

It's funny how in the last few years there is very little talk from nitro ammo supporters. I wonder how or if it's effecting there business. I'm sure it's due to the federal heavy shells and for good reason, they are much cheaper you have a pretty good shot of picking some up today, might have to drive but you can get some, and they flat out kill turkeys. Especially in the 20 Guage department. But I would just like to say again if you think fed heavy and nitro are on the same level I can most definitely say they are not. In both pattern performance and turkey performance nitro wins. About 5years ago I bought 20 nitro in 20 Guage 4x5x7 hevi and 4x5x7 megas it took 3 to 5 shots of each to figure them out and since then there have been extremely dead turkeys at extended ranges every shell. I loved dealing with them, they gave my little boy his first pocket knife when we went and picked up the shells and I didn't know them from adam. Since then I have prolly bought 20 boxes of 3" fed 7s not because I think they are better than nitro, I know they arent, but it is so hard to spend the extra money when there is a great product on shelves for less $ and I really believe that is were a lot of people who shoot top performing shells have gone

ccleroy

Quote from: sevetts on April 01, 2016, 09:05:21 AM
It's funny how in the last few years there is very little talk from nitro ammo supporters. I wonder how or if it's effecting there business. I'm sure it's due to the federal heavy shells and for good reason, they are much cheaper you have a pretty good shot of picking some up today, might have to drive but you can get some, and they flat out kill turkeys. Especially in the 20 Guage department. But I would just like to say again if you think fed heavy and nitro are on the same level I can most definitely say they are not. In both pattern performance and turkey performance nitro wins. About 5years ago I bought 20 nitro in 20 Guage 4x5x7 hevi and 4x5x7 megas it took 3 to 5 shots of each to figure them out and since then there have been extremely dead turkeys at extended ranges every shell. I loved dealing with them, they gave my little boy his first pocket knife when we went and picked up the shells and I didn't know them from adam. Since then I have prolly bought 20 boxes of 3" fed 7s not because I think they are better than nitro, I know they arent, but it is so hard to spend the extra money when there is a great product on shelves for less $ and I really believe that is were a lot of people who shoot top performing shells have gone

I'm wondering the same thing.......last year was my last with Nitro. I'm loading my own now and beyond pleased.

I will say this, I shot Nitro's for 7-8 years and nothing could compare to them out of my gun.

NYlogbeards

Are you guys talking about the Rem Nitro Turkey loads or the Rem Nitro Mag 25 shell box, unless there is another Nitro i'm missing?

TauntoHawk

its too big a jump in price i can find Federal HW for $20 and Nitros are like $33.. if they were $25 a box of 5 I would probably at least try a box.. I dont paying extra for HEVI and HW over lead but the jump to nitro would just make me load TSS for a little more
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dantheman

Quote from: NYlogbeards on April 01, 2016, 03:49:16 PM
Are you guys talking about the Rem Nitro Turkey loads or the Rem Nitro Mag 25 shell box, unless there is another Nitro i'm missing?
nitro shell company definitely a big difference from the remingtons in cost and quality.