OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 Users

Started by Tennessee Lead, March 20, 2016, 09:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

If I shouldn't post this I'm sorry and mods remove it.

Me and Dad both use an 835. His is an early model non ported barrel and mine is 99-2001 somewhere in there ported barrel model. The trigger is very hard supposed to be 8.5 pounds and a long creep. Gotten used to it but wished it was lighter.
Well we done some searching and came upon this company. They offer lots of gun related items but most importantly a set of Springs to lighten the 835 trigger for $14.95!
We both ordered them and it made a tremendous difference in the trigger pull. Supposed to be 4.5 pounds. I'm going to test the poundage,its definitely lighter and it did take away the long creep. I'm very satisfied with it. Just thought I would share because it was such a quick and easy fix.
In the video the installer went a lot further in disassembling the action than was necessary IMO.
We only had to remove the trigger housing.  Hopefully this will help someone if interested in lightening their trigger pull.

http://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/36-Mossberg-Shotguns-500-/-835-Trigger-Spring-Kit.aspx

mightyjoeyoung

Patriot sear spring from barnes gun parts are my choice.   That and I had the sear polished "slug gun" style on all my 835s.  They all broke like glass as 3 pounds.  Need a clean trigger break when your gun will decapitate a bird I side 20 yards.  Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Tennessee Lead

3 pounds would be awesome!

Boonelli14

Thank you for this post.....I just ordered a spring set for my 835. IMO....the 835 is one hell of a turkey gun minus the crap trigger. It's my only complaint....hopefully resolved soon

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Boonelli14 on March 24, 2016, 07:38:57 PM
Thank you for this post.....I just ordered a spring set for my 835. IMO....the 835 is one hell of a turkey gun minus the crap trigger. It's my only complaint....hopefully resolved soon
You're welcome plz post an update when you install it.

cjordan

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 20, 2016, 10:57:20 PM
Patriot sear spring from barnes gun parts are my choice.   That and I had the sear polished "slug gun" style on all my 835s.  They all broke like glass as 3 pounds.  Need a clean trigger break when your gun will decapitate a bird I side 20 yards.  Lol

I wasnt able to find any 835 parts on Barnes. Could you post a link please sir?

vt35mag

I am interested in installing one in my 835 & 535, but in order to reduce the trigger pull by changing the springs only, wouldn't the custom hammer spring need to be lighter than the factory hammer spring? 

They say it wont result in light strikes, but I would think it wouldn't hit the primer as hard as the factory.

mightyjoeyoung

You're replacing just the sear spring.  No need to do anything to the hammer spring.  Not directly linked like on the h&r single shots.  You could also MAYBE take a ring or two off the trigger return spring.  That should take a bit off the trigger pull too however I wouldn't touch it unless you absolutely know what you're doing. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Boonelli14

Got my mcarbo spring kit this afternoon......install was fairly quick and easy. There is a considerable difference in the trigger for sure.....almost zero creep now and much crisper/lighter than the factory mess that was on there. But improvement. Also, I was worried that it would be a little on the light side at around 4lbs but it's not at all. I actually feel it's darn near perfect for the 835. Can't wait to get it on the sled and pattern it. Much thanks TN lead!

Tennessee Lead

That's awesome Boone I'm glad you like it.

Tennessee Lead

Bump back up for those who didn't read before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdhunterdave

I ordered one of these springs and installed it back in the summer, made a world of difference. Its a real easy fix.

RKeeper1

I was planning on doing the same but found a 835 with the LPA trigger and it is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

PEHunter

I'm glad I saw this post, I hated the trigger on my old 835.  I ordered kits for my 835 and my 870 20ga. Monday afternoon and had them Saturday.  I just installed them, they improved the trigger pull on both guns greatly.

Tennessee Lead

That's great PEHunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk