OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Advice on a box call

Started by Swamp Rooster, March 16, 2016, 10:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp Rooster

I am looking to purchase a box call and I have narrowed it down to the Primos Wet Box, HS Strut Final Roost (new for 2016) and the Flextone Ol School. Has anyone had any experience with any of these calls? Which one would you recommend? Thanks

strutnrut

Hate to do it this a but I would get with Al and Josh and get a field grade box. My only experience with commercial build box calls come from the ones at Bass Pro and they have a lot to be desired. Now if you would have said Lynch I might have made a different recommendation. NO I WOULDN'T sorry but it is hard to beat the old Lynch calls.

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

coyote1

Spring creek. I can't comment on ss yet but I do have one ordered.

packmule

scoot12

SS field grade box.  Scoot

longbow59

Get a cedar Rohm box call, midwest turkey call has them.

Ranger518SVS

I've got a few box calls not listed above and no store bought calls, best I have in regards to sound is Dale Rohm single side.

Bowguy

Get the SS, very fairly priced n awesome boxes

jbird

SwampRooster17

Another vote for the boys from SS! There boxes are top notch and for the price you can't beat them!

strutnrut

Mark is correct Dan Harris builds a top notch call also.

Spitten and drummen

strutnrut that posted above builds a fine box. good guy too.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

davisd9

Quote from: scoot12 on March 17, 2016, 12:43:23 AM
SS field grade box.  Scoot

Good source with good information here.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer