turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 21" Carlsons .575

Started by Tommythreetoes, March 15, 2016, 06:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommythreetoes

Remington 870, 21", Carlsons .575, 65 degrees, lasered 40 yards, duplex load of 9 and 8's.  I'm pretty happy with it.  I think I could probably do better, but I think I'll take this to the woods for this year and experiment more next year.  236-10", 240-20", 476 total.

Tommythreetoes

Thanks.  The RSF would've been my next try.  I still might try it before next year.  Unfortunately my testing for this year needs to be done.  I have only a few wads left.  I tried the SAM wad and they were just no good in my gun.  Hopefully the wad that produced this pattern will become available again soon and I can test and tweak a little.  I think this will work for now though.  Im having fun at any rate.. :bike2:

Sand Man

Nice pattern there.

Quote from: Tommythreetoes on March 15, 2016, 10:00:12 PM
Thanks.  The RSF would've been my next try.  I still might try it before next year.  Unfortunately my testing for this year needs to be done.  I have only a few wads left.  I tried the SAM wad and they were just no good in my gun.  Hopefully the wad that produced this pattern will become available again soon and I can test and tweak a little.  I think this will work for now though.  Im having fun at any rate.. :bike2:

Hate to hear that about the SAM wad as I just bought 400 of them.  The other wads haven't been available for over a year.  I don't expect them to come back.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Tommythreetoes

That was my experience with the SAM wad.  Others have had some success with it though.  The slits are pretty ugly in the pre slit version.  I did have better patterns by adding slits (total of eight), but not as good as the VP wad.  I'm hearing that the VP wads will be back in April.

Sand Man

Quote from: Tommythreetoes on March 16, 2016, 05:39:36 PM
The slits are pretty ugly in the pre slit version.  I'm hearing that the VP wads will be back in April.

Agree on the slits.  I wasn't a fan when I saw the wads, but I wasn't about to add slits either for all the rounds I had to load.  It is what it is I guess.  I haven't patterned any yet.

Guessing you mean BP and not VP?  I hope they come back.  I got stupid good patterns out of all the 20's I built and loaded for.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Tommythreetoes

I think it is a VP wad from BP (ballistic products)..