turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many shells?

Started by tha bugman, March 15, 2016, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Sounds like a lot but I carry 8. Three are in my pocket "for the gun" and 5 in my pack in reserve.

MK M GOBL

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

wvmntnhick

My vest holds 5. Think the Mossberg held 5-6 so I'd load it up and have one or 2 extra for some reason. The answer to the question is 7. I carry 7.

BrowningGuy88

I keep my mag full in whatever gun I am toting and always have 5 in my vest. Another just always done it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcat655

That was hilarious steelers fan

Gobspur

Dr Juice

Six ... 3 for the gun and 3 spare.  :OGturkeyhead:

tha bugman

;D I know that feeling brother!
Quote from: SteelerFan on March 15, 2016, 08:14:58 PM
5... That's what the vest holds, I think? 3 for the gun, & 2 for the *#&%! walk back to the truck! :angry9:

trkehunr93

6-8,  like to have extras already in my vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steinb3rg

Used to carry 3 for the gun. After an encounter with a group of pigs and running out of shells, I carry 3-4 extra. Never want to miss an opportunity for Bacon

Philippe

Quote from: steinb3rg on March 16, 2016, 01:11:12 PM
Used to carry 3 for the gun. After an encounter with a group of pigs and running out of shells, I carry 3-4 extra. Never want to miss an opportunity for Bacon

That's why you pack a 10mm in your vest!

Stickbow98

I carry a small shotshell pouch with (5)12ga. and (5)20ga. shells in it.
Always in my bag and ready, no matter which gun I'm carrying that day.

"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

Gobble!

tree-rat sniper

Tube full of turkey loads (4-5 depending on which gun).  I always carry another 10-12 game loads just in case (I shoot a 20ga).  I hunt some pretty rugged river bluffs & cell phone reception is iffy... Also  grew up with the fire 3 shots if you need help idea...  I carry food, a bottle of water & a means of starting a fire.  Old boy scout, be prepared. ;)
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

chatterbox