turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

.655 to tight for longbeards?

Started by outdoorsmen, March 15, 2016, 12:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsmen

For the heck of it i just bought a box of the xr's 3.5" #4 2oz loads. You think my IC .655 could handle them good from my sx2 gun?

mikejd

Roost 1

.655 works great in the guns I've set up.

BINK McCARTY

I'd stick to #5 shot,but wouldn't be afraid to try #4S...let us know!!!!

Philippe

With the 4's its going to be a bit of a squeeze but it shouldn't hurt anything, it might blow the pattern though. I helped a local guy with his SX2 and ended up having him stick a Kicks .670 in it using the Longbeard 5's and he ordered a Sumtoy as well but I do not know what constriction he went with. It patterned awesome with that Kicks.

BDeal

I would sure think that would be too tight based on my SX2 and longbeards but your results may be better.

eddie234

I have a 655 in my gun but shoot #6's my 20yard shot is about the size of your fist. I was thinking of trying 4's. Lets see some pattern pictures when you try them.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

outdoorsmen

#4 was my only choice cause GANDER MOUNTAIN SUCKS! Thr whole turkey ammo section wqs horrible. The only hevi 13 they had was 3" 2oz #5 . Alot of remington nitros......

taylorjones20

Quote from: outdoorsmen on March 15, 2016, 02:51:32 PM
#4 was my only choice cause GANDER MOUNTAIN SUCKS! Thr whole turkey ammo section wqs horrible. The only hevi 13 they had was 3" 2oz #5 . Alot of remington nitros......

I agree!  Gander Mountain is the worst outdoor store in history!  I'll pass one 20 mins from my house and drive the 1.5 hours to bass pro every time!

Anyway, rant over.  I think the .655 will be a little too tight...  But, try them and let us know!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Tomcat655

I shot my Benelli with a 655 in it and have extended range 4,s and it rolled a turkey last year and on paper it was even it wasn't real dense but it spread even .. Satisfied me

Deerslayer0369

I shoot the kicks gt .655 in my 535 with the LB 3" 1.75 #6's with excellent results...200-215 with a semi clean barrel. I've found that the holes in the pattern will fill in shooting the LB's with a slightly fouled barrel. Also had great results with the 3" 5's with the same tube...170-180's. Now my 3" hevi 7's want a super clean barrel, patterns those consistently in the 220's with no gaps but numbers drop into the 190's with a fouled barrel. I shoot those through an ssx, believe that tube would be to tight for the LB 6's...I think the pattern would be blown out. Never tried it and won't, don't want to damage that tube.

roosted

Quote from: Deerslayer0369 on March 15, 2016, 05:03:31 PM
I shoot the kicks gt .655 in my 535 with the LB 3" 1.75 #6's with excellent results...200-215 with a semi clean barrel. I've found that the holes in the pattern will fill in shooting the LB's with a slightly fouled barrel. Also had great results with the 3" 5's with the same tube...170-180's. Now my 3" hevi 7's want a super clean barrel, patterns those consistently in the 220's with no gaps but numbers drop into the 190's with a fouled barrel. I shoot those through an ssx, believe that tube would be to tight for the LB 6's...I think the pattern would be blown out. Never tried it and won't, don't want to damage that tube.
I have a .655 Kick's for one of my 870s and get nearly identical results with both the 3 inch 5's and 6's.