OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bamboo

Started by M Sharpe, March 14, 2016, 10:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

A good friend brought me some bamboo to the Unicoi show this year. He asked if I could do anything with it....I did. The three calls with the woodburning is Kelly Puckett's handy work. She did a fantastic job on them. The wingbone belongs to West Augusta.

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

USMC0331

mgm1955

Great calls Mark!! Way cool artwork!!

crow

that is some beautiful artwork, and the calls are pretty nice too.

how does the bamboo sound compared to the regular cane?

boatpaddle

Those are impressive, Mark

Steve will be pleased with his wingbone..... :icon_thumright:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

M Sharpe

Quote from: crow on March 14, 2016, 11:32:47 PM
that is some beautiful artwork, and the calls are pretty nice too.

how does the bamboo sound compared to the regular cane?

Ken, these calls sound as good as any trumpet. That bamboo had a 3/16 to 1/4 hole in it. I've never seen any that small. These yelpers will not be sold as my regular cane calls. They will be kind of few and far between. They are kind of a pain in the rear end to build. These are going out to their perspective owners this week. I've got to get the lanyards done, then I'm done.
Thanks for the compliments guys!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

strutnrut

Great work Mark. Kelly did a great job on them. I have heard these calls and they are above and beyond the normal range and are topnotch  :icon_thumright:

M Sharpe

Quote from: strutnrut on March 15, 2016, 06:46:47 AM
Great work Mark. Kelly did a great job on them. I have heard these calls and they are above and beyond the normal range and are topnotch  :icon_thumright:

You're fixing to get to do more than hear them......#2       ;)

strutnrut

Lonehowl

Man those are beautiful!
Mark

paboxcall

:icon_thumright:

With that color scheme Steve is sure going to enjoy that wing bone!

Nice work!

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Rapscallion Vermilion

Beautiful work all around.

pappy

Absolutely amazing work for you and Kelly both, I have always been amazed at your ability to wrap these things, my attempt at something like this was disastrous (my wife never let me wrap Christmas gifts either ! ) Mark you have a wonderful God given talent .... pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey stew

Mighty fine callers both in craftsmanship and artwork!

M Sharpe

Thanks fellas!!

Pappy those things are mighty trying!! With that long slope on them, the thread will jump and overlap in a heartbeat! You have to be real gentle when pushing the thread up tight against the previous wrap, if not, that thing will look like a backlashed bait casting reel!!   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Then you can just start over....I know!

That is the color Steve wanted it. It looks a little different in your hand than it does in the pic!! The blue is a little darker.