OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabelas instinct pot cal

Started by scoot12, March 13, 2016, 12:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeI6peiDaOk  I think there was a post on this call a while back and I found this file,  what are your guys thoughts?  Scoot

Bowguy

I think it's terrible. Doesn't sound right n they're trying to market it as a two sided call, sounds even worse that way. Def not for me, I'll stay w good makers n not big box stores stuff

scoot12

I agree with you Bow,  I know this call is being hyped a lot around.

Cut*N*Run

If I had a dollar for every time I've dropped my call and not been able to flip it over to play the right side, I'd almost be able to afford the Instinct.

SS Calls

callmakerman

Call sounds super tight meaning no break or rollover. It could be the way he's running it or the striker that's being used. Hard to say.

jed clampett

I wouldn't be interested in it if it was $9.99

Spitten and drummen

Lol. No joke. Absolutely terrible in my opinion.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

Glad they put that sales pitch video together, but they should link it to their page... it just might save some folks some money!!

$149.99!! :TrainWreck1:

Bowguy

Some kid starting out will want an edge n spend the money thinking he has a call no one else does. That stuff is crooked n turns people off. Think bout something on a dif front. Take SS boxes, there's some kid itching to turkey hunt right now, it's his first year n he needs to invest. Goes to Gander Mt, spends as much on a bamboozle as he would for a SS cheap talk n the cheap talk is one awesome box, few bucks more n you can get a little fancier box well worth the money. Heck most makers are 60 bucks or so for a pot, some less. For the 149 he can get a good pot, cheap talk, scratcher n hootin stick instead of someone's garbage

SteelerFan

Quote from: Bowguy on March 13, 2016, 04:29:12 PM
Some kid starting out will want an edge n spend the money thinking he has a call no one else does. That stuff is crooked n turns people off. Think bout something on a dif front. Take SS boxes, there's some kid itching to turkey hunt right now, it's his first year n he needs to invest. Goes to Gander Mt, spends as much on a bamboozle as he would for a SS cheap talk n the cheap talk is one awesome box, few bucks more n you can get a little fancier box well worth the money. Heck most makers are 60 bucks or so for a pot, some less. For the 149 he can get a good pot, cheap talk, scratcher n hootin stick instead of someone's garbage
100% AGREE!!!

Gobbleandgrunt

You could buy that call..... Or you could spend 65.00 on a loftis Crystal screamer, and play either side and it actually sounds like a turkey!!

MK M GOBL

Not that I have this call or saying it's the one to buy but I do have one of those "Big Box" stores calls and can't tell you how many people told me they don't like the call. A "Lot" has to do with the guy running the call. That call has killed a good number of birds for me when nothing else was working, it's in my pack just for that reason. Day to day I run a different call, but whatever the reason on those days birds just don't want it, I take it out the other call and it's game on.

I hear this all the time "Big Box" and just remember that big box started out as one man selling a few items out of his home... And I can definitely tell you just because a call is "custom" made doesn't necessary make it better than a mass produced call. I have heard plenty of poor sounding custom calls I wouldn't spend 9.99 on...

MK M GOBL

boatpaddle

A Cody world class is 25.00 more then this call....

I assure you, that the Cody will run circles around this call...Resell value won't go down either....

Just another gimmick for the got to have the new magic picky dust fellows, that don't know any better.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Bowguy

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 13, 2016, 06:14:59 PM
Not that I have this call or saying it's the one to buy but I do have one of those "Big Box" stores calls and can't tell you how many people told me they don't like the call. A "Lot" has to do with the guy running the call. That call has killed a good number of birds for me when nothing else was working, it's in my pack just for that reason. Day to day I run a different call, but whatever the reason on those days birds just don't want it, I take it out the other call and it's game on.

I hear this all the time "Big Box" and just remember that big box started out as one man selling a few items out of his home... And I can definitely tell you just because a call is "custom" made doesn't necessary make it better than a mass produced call. I have heard plenty of poor sounding custom calls I wouldn't spend 9.99 on...

MK M GOBL

So is this call worth 150 than? No disagreeing w you only asking?