OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

winchester sxp

Started by rock54, March 11, 2016, 01:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

just pulld the trigger and orderd yesterday, the winchester sxp turkey edition in 20 gauge, anybody have any info about and a choke that is workn for ya... thanks for any info to get me startd in right direction...

thanks russ

ChiefBubba

I have SX3 and found that the Hevi13 Turkey choke with the Havi 13 #7 did real well. The Federal #7 did good also. I have an Indian Creek and Tightwad  if you want to buy I can let go reasonable. Chief

kobes31

I've had my LGS looking for this for months!  Any info on how the stock xfull choke works out?  I think I found it's a .580.  I already purchased some Fed HW7s.

rock54

calld sumtoy today...going to hopefully take the all the guess work out of it and they are going to make

me a .562 for my new sxp turkey edition 20 gauge... will let you all know how things work out once i get

gun and choke, thanks russ

Reloader

If the Sumtoy doesn't work out, you may want to try the cheap Primos TW .570.

My SXP shot way too tight of patterns with the TW and HW7s, but yours may perform better with that choke.  My last two shots with the TW .570 and 3" 1-1/2oz HW7 were 190 and 168. Not much wiggle room with those counts, I prefer HW to be around 140s.

I can't remember the count, but the Trulock extended .585 did well with HW and TSS.  The supplied choke wasn't bad, so it's worth a try as well.

rock54

thanks reloader..

got sumtoy involved cause i startd turkey huntn with a 1100LT and it only shoots 2 3/4 shells, i have 

30 boxes of winchester, remington and federal magnum shells in 6 shot and are 1 1/8oz, so i wantd to

shoot them up in practice and hunting, before i move to what the masses are using today, so i askd

them to build me a choke that is best with lead and these shells at 25-30yds and this is what he

recommend a .562, my new sxp will be scoped, so a good tight pattern will be great. i will start here

and see what happens,  thanks for all your input    russ