turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sbe2 indian creek help please

Started by slade3992, March 10, 2016, 08:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slade3992

Have a benelli sbe2 with a 28" barrel and bought an indian creek black diamond strike .665 the point of impact is so low that even with adjustable sights it cannot be zeroed. What say you guys? I tried seven or eight different brands, sizes, and shot size with no. Change. I called indian creek and they never returned my call. They did respond to my email and realy offered no help or solution. They said i could send it back for exchange or refund. Is there a different constriction that might or a shot that will work? Or go for the refund and keep shopping.

owlhoot

have you shot it with any other chokes to see where it hits?

fountain2

It's likely not the choke.  Benellis are notorious for being off.  You could possibly change choke brands and see a different result, but likely not a lot. 

slade3992

Shoots great with the factory full choke and put maybe 150 pellets in 10" at 40yards. I have not tried another aftermarket choke tube.

owlhoot

150 in the 10" , factory choke, what load?

slade3992

Hevi magnum blend. Tried several regular lead loads through the factory choke and didn't come close to that. Its $5 a shot though.

eddie234

I had to get a scope to get my Indian creek to match poa to poi

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

owlhoot

That will kill turkeys all day long as is.  Turn the ICreek back in,  use the dough on the loads.
look for the rebates on the shells, should be out now or soon.
If you want to save and still get a choke you should be able to find some for 30- 50 bucks

slade3992

Dtrkyman

Return it, my sbe2 shoots awesome with a jellyhead 660, original not the max, not sure there is much difference?

sixbird

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 10, 2016, 10:13:46 PM
Return it, my sbe2 shoots awesome with a jellyhead 660, original not the max, not sure there is much difference?

I have a 24". It shot great with original Jelly head .660.

bigbird

My SBE II has a 26" barrel and the poi changed on mine too when I got the IC .665!  I've got a rob Roberts .655 an original jelly head , a comp n choke and an old carlsons tube that all hit where I'm aiming. I put a red dot on mine to bring up that issue I had. Did your gun have a good poa/poi otherwise with other chokes. If so you might try the long beards, mine shoots an awesome pattern with 6's and 4's 3" 1 7/8 oz. good luck

slade3992

Thanks guys! Yes gobbler boss the poi was spot on with any of the factory choke tubes with factory bead sights.

Farmboy27

I think that I have heard (and experienced) more problems with poa with benelli than any other shotgun!
Its a shame because they are great handling and reliable shotguns.  But they are well known to have poa/poi problems and to be a bit finicky with chokes/loads compared to other shotguns.  For the price you'd think they would get it figured out. 

reynolds243

My sbe2 shoots great but I had an IC as well and it would shoot low and left 6". Changed to a rob Roberts and it shoots POA again.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka