OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Diaphragm Call suggestions

Started by stringtown, March 06, 2016, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Congrats on completing your royal slam. 

Scott Hook of Hooks Custom Calls is a great guy who builds one heck of a mouth call.  The quality is consistently high and he'll gladly customize the tape to your preference.
The Enforcer, Game Changer 2, Game Changer 3 and the Deceiver are personal favorites.

slicksbeagles1

Hooks executioner, executionee2, persuader, and deceiver

A new call I really like Natural Addiction Reverse Combo

Gooserbat

I tend to run a lot of Gooserbat Calls.  OsS, Bacon, Hillbilly, Double Bit...
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dzsmith

ill tell you one diaphragm call to never buy. DO NOT EVER by any calls from perfection game calls. they have an advertisement on here...I bought a handful of them. hands down barr none the worst turkey instruments ive ever paid money for.....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Gamblinman

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 06, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

Scott Hook of Hooks Custom Calls is a great guy who builds one heck of a mouth call.  The quality is consistently high and he'll gladly customize the tape to your preference.
The Enforcer, Game Changer 2, Game Changer 3 and the Deceiver are personal favorites.

Could not have said it better. Scott has always been a class act. Just be careful if you call him..be prepared to spend the next hour talkin turkey.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Terry

I've become a huge fan of Gooserbat. Very consistent and easy to run.

vagrousehunter

Quote from: ScottS on March 06, 2016, 04:37:12 PM
Look up McKinley Innovations on Facebook, great award winning custom calls at a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this.  I love these calls.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 07, 2016, 06:15:54 AM
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 06, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

Could not have said it better. Scott has always been a class act. Just be careful if you call him..be prepared to spend the next hour talkin turkey.

Gman

No doubt.  His Brother Roger is worse.  Those guys talk as much as I do. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tha bugman

Double Bit is amazing.  I got one last year at the Convention and lost it in the woods somewhere....cried like a baby... :begging:
Quote from: Gooserbat on March 06, 2016, 10:02:00 PM
I tend to run a lot of Gooserbat Calls.  OsS, Bacon, Hillbilly, Double Bit...

stringtown

thanks guys. did my usual and ordered a bunch of the above.  i'll run em all and keep the 3-4 i like the most in my vest.  have a good season

WildTigerTrout

Old school here also. My favorite is Wilbur Primos 1976 original and first commerical mouth call, the stacked frame "True Double". It has been in production for 40 years for a reason, it works. :icon_thumright:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Cottonmouth

I ordered some Hook's executioner 2's and persueders today. Scott sounds like a genuine good guy. Can't wait to try them.

VAHUNTER

check out the "original hen" from Top Calls!!!
Top calls have been around for a long time. they hand stretch every call.
The original hen is a 3.5 reed call with a split V.
Gives just the right amount of rasp and rolls over beautiful to a second note.
very easy to blow!!
Good things come to those who wait