turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Diaphragm Call suggestions

Started by stringtown, March 06, 2016, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtown

Well, I've moved twice since last season and lost my mouth calls. Actually completed my royal slam yesterday in S FL w my pots, box and a Walmart mouth call. I know what cuts I like but was looking for some suggestions to try some new brands. Appreciate it

turkeywhisperer935

Woodhaven toxic orange, any woodhaven is a great call.

Greg Massey

I guess I'm old school I grew up using Quaker boy true double and old boss hen..they hold up really good. I still use them ..the reed material on these diaphragm holds up great and the older they get the better they call...Twin II is a good one also..

Farmboy27

I love Preston Pittmans calls.  also like Cane Creek, Legacy, and woodhaven.  Congrats on completing your slam1 :you_rock:

OldSchool

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2016, 03:21:45 PM
I guess I'm old school I grew up using Quaker boy true double and old boss hen..they hold up really good. I still use them ..the reed material on these diaphragm holds up great and the older they get the better they call...Twin II is a good one also..

I started with Quaker Boy calls too and still use them a lot. Old boss hen, pro triple, and their kee kee are my favorites.
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

jwright8

Hooks

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

wvlimbhanger

Gooserbat, I like the hillbilly and bacon.

Marc

Woodhaven makes a cool variety pack with The Wasp, The Copperhead, and the Copperhead II, that I enjoy.

I have a few calls from Gooserbat in my case as well, with his ghost cut, and Hillbilly being my favorites.

Just got some calls from Hooks, and they are some nasty raspy calls... 

Having tried other manufactured calls, Woodhaven runs about average in size, Gooserbat a bit smaller, and Hooks are the smallest calls (almost too small for my pallet).  Everyone always said I have a big mouth though...

I have tried a few big brands, and would go with Zink or Primos as my favorites there...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

ScottS

Look up McKinley Innovations on Facebook, great award winning custom calls at a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

gooserbat are solid calls. Relatively new call I tried is made by thunder ridge turkey calls.  Pretty sweet too.

tha bugman

Headcrusher and Hooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Beard Buster

Give Dead End Game Calls a try. If you find what you like, put in code kcurrin at checkout and get 5% off on me.

Bowguy

Tail Feathers

I just broke open a new Hooks Executioner last night (and the Executioner II) and man!
That original Executioner is SWEET!  The E II is raspier but I'm loving the original!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

JK Spurs

I like my turkey well peppered