OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300

Started by Turkeyman62, March 04, 2016, 10:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

Did Winchester make a model 1300 turkey gun in Advantage camo ? Seen one the other day just glancing at it now I'm thinking was it a turkey or a slug model .

Thanks
Mike
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Huntnds

Yep they sure did.......bought mine new sometime around 96 or 97 best I can remember....

Turkeyman62

schief

I bought one last year new in box. It is called deer&turk on end of box. Had, book, hang tag, and ported choke tube and a sabot choke tube. 23" plain barrel with Truglo adj. fiber optic sights. Full advantage camo with gold NWTF grip cap. Don't know when it was made. Don't have pictures yet but when I take some will post.

eddie234

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

maytom

Here is a picture of my NWTF Edition 1300. They stopped making this version years ago. Love this gun due to it's lightness and patterning ability. I had to scope mine due to it shooting a little high left no matter what shell I put through it. Glad that it came from the factory with the receiver already drilled and tapped. Sporting a Leupold 1x4 shotgun scope now.

Turkeyman62

Edddie234 & Maytom

Real nice set ups

owlhoot

Farmboy27

Absolutely love the old 1300 nwtf  shotguns!  Never owned one but a hunting buddy has had one for years.  I asked to buy it a couple times and he always says he'll sell it to me.  He said the price is $20 for every gobbler he's killed with it.  Trust me, that's way to rich for my blood!!!

mikejd

Quote from: maytom on March 05, 2016, 10:51:43 AM
Here is a picture of my NWTF Edition 1300. They stopped making this version years ago. Love this gun due to it's lightness and patterning ability. I had to scope mine due to it shooting a little high left no matter what shell I put through it. Glad that it came from the factory with the receiver already drilled and tapped. Sporting a Leupold 1x4 shotgun scope now.

I have 5 1300's and unfortunetly this is not one of them. But it will be.

JK Spurs

Quote from: mikejd on March 08, 2016, 06:07:12 PM
Quote from: maytom on March 05, 2016, 10:51:43 AM

I love the 1300! Local gun shop had one of these on the shelf. I'm stopping tomorrow and if it's still there I'm grabbing it for the collection.
I have 5 1300's and unfortunetly this is not one of them. But it will be.
I like my turkey well peppered

Turkeyman62

Got a good deal on it so I bought it. Non VR barrel with iron sights. Can these be removed (rear) and add something like truglo ?
Thanks
Mike

WildSpur

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on April 03, 2016, 07:12:07 AM
Got a good deal on it so I bought it. Non VR barrel with iron sights. Can these be removed (rear) and add something like truglo ?
Thanks
Mike
Yes.  I have a black shadow that is similar.  22" pipe from what I recall
With iron sights.  Imo stay away from truglo unless they changed.  At the time they were only plastic for that barrel and the front sight broke after 2 seasons.  Now I have a set of Williams on there and swapped out the rear sight blade for the ghost ring.  It was like an $8 piece I purchased from Brownell.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Turkeyman62

Where can I pick up a ghost ring sight that will fit the rear. No VR barrel /
Thanks
Mike

WildSpur

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on April 03, 2016, 05:01:41 PM
Where can I pick up a ghost ring sight that will fit the rear. No VR barrel /
Thanks
Mike
This is what I was talking about.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/rear-sights/wgos-replacement-slide-ghost-ring-prod30914.aspx

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less