OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best choices for a new turkey killer.

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, February 29, 2016, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenGetter

I've been shooting a mossberg 835 for a few years and it patterns awesome but I always like to buy new guns so I'm looking for another gun to take to the woods in the spring. What are some good options for a reasonable price?

Izzyjoe

I don't know what you can reasonable, but when they add turkey to the gun, the price doubles! I'd think a mossberg 535 Ats would be nice.

ThunderChickenGetter

By reasonable I mean in the 600-700 range. I'm not looking to spend 1000 on one

jed clampett

Stoeger 3500 auto, browning bps, Remington 870 the 23 in barrel,pistol grip stock and truglo adj. Sights

knightrider

beakbuster10

Stoeger would fit that bill. I like my stoeger, but I love my browning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Gold

I have just added the 870 SM mentioned above with23 in. Barrel and sure shot stock with adjustable sights.  Got it shoring 3 in. LB #6 with an Indian Creek choke

Farmboy27

Probably aint gonna get anything that patterns like your 835 has the ability too. Maybe a 935?!

Bowguy

If you're shooting an 835 you prob have the best already. Lots of good guns out there n with today's loads/chokes you can get em all to shoot decently. I picked up a Ithaca Turkeyslayer brand new for 600 on gun broker n that gun shoots pretty good w limited messin w it.

ThunderChickenGetter

Ended up selling my 835 to a good buddy that was in need of a turkey gun but I just ordered a 870 Supermag with a 26" barrel on bottomland. Going to either put a jebs, sumtoy, or Indian creek on it and shoot hevi 7's

Philippe

Quote from: ThunderChickenGetter on March 04, 2016, 05:55:27 PM
Ended up selling my 835 to a good buddy that was in need of a turkey gun but I just ordered a 870 Supermag with a 26" barrel on bottomland. Going to either put a jebs, sumtoy, or Indian creek on it and shoot hevi 7's

That gun is wicked with a Jellyhead .660 or .665 and Longbeard 5 or 6's.

Longshanks

Spending 600-700 I would get a beretta outlander. Nice gun for the money. This year I'm hunting with this gun and Jebs .655/ Hevi 13 3/2/7's and 3/2/6's

bbcoach

I've always said I wouldn't say never but I don't believe I would ever part with my 835.  If I did, I would probably go with a 20.  I've always thought about building a 20 gauge, that was a Shooter.

Ericbrooks

I wouldn't  spend anything and keep shooting your 835. A new gun isn't gonna kill them any deader!! 

devin4484

Hope your 870 sm in bottom land is straight last 2 new ones we had in shop the barrel was way left center of the taps and had to be sent back.  Could have shot around corners with em.