turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new Lights Out call

Started by cannonball, March 30, 2011, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I got this just in time for the season opener this weekend. It will be coming out of the vest first on Saturday morning. A big thanks goes out to Wendell Rye! :icon_thumright: :thanks:

870-Wingmaster

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

What kind of wood is that?

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: harvester on March 31, 2011, 07:31:13 AM

The wood is persimmon dyed with a green dye. 

Cannonball, would you mind sharing the reason for the green color?  I was touched by it myself. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

870BkWht

Thats a very nice looking call.  Im sure you will like it and Im sure it sounds awesome.

TauntoHawk

That's a great lookin call, makes me want to get the credit card out
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkey slayer

ghillie

Just don't set that down in the grass...you might loose it!!!

Beautiful!!!

cannonball

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 31, 2011, 08:12:02 AM
Quote from: harvester on March 31, 2011, 07:31:13 AM

The wood is persimmon dyed with a green dye. 

Cannonball, would you mind sharing the reason for the green color?  I was touched by it myself. 

I wanted the call green because it's my son's favorite color. He insists on wearing something green almost every day. That's his name (Tyler) that I had Wendell put on the back of the call. Tyler has autism, and will probally never be able to go hunting with me. I wanted something to always remind me of him while I was away turkey hunting. Wendell did a beautiful job on making this a very special call for me and my son. Thanks again Wendell.

MarkJM

That story also touched me cannonball. I have two siblings with autism.
MuellerCustomCalls

kj

Great looking call and very touching reason for the green.  I'm sure many turkeys will meet their maker with that call.

I bought two honey pot calls from Wendell back in July (Quarter-sawn White Oak slate call and Bubinga aluminum call).

They are both beautiful but not as fancy as yours and without the personal coloring.

I love them both and enjoy the different sounds they produce.

Turkey season opened last Sat and I got my first bird with them Sunday. 

When the birds hung up on the slate call, I switched to aluminum and they came running in.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing . . .

cannonball

Thanks for all the nice replies. I'm hoping to do some good tomorrow, opening day. :icon_thumright:

TarheelTurk

Great Looking call Very touching reason behind the color.Great job on making the call Wendell & best of luck on your hunting cannonball
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL