turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Harold Fowler - Great Customer Service

Started by davisd9, February 26, 2016, 07:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

My buddy and trading partner Swampturkey and I have been texting back and forth talking turkey. We were talking different calls and sending a few sound files here and there. During these conversations he brought up Mr. Harold Fowler and his strikers. I have always wanted a Fowler striker but just never bought one.

Swampturkey was telling me about Mr. Fowler's snakewood tipped striker and how great of a striker it was. This caught my attention and that fire in my wallet got started. I asked Swamp what top he thought was best and he said he had persimmon but that Osage should be dynamic with it.

Of course I trust Swamp as I know he has great taste in calls and can play them but I always like to ask the maker what they think. You never know what combo may be under the radar because people do not ask. Anyway, I emailed Mr. Fowler and asked his opinion and telling him what surfaces I wanted it for and so on. Under and hour later I had a response from Mr. Fowler saying he liked the Osage top and Snakewood bottom, just as Swamp said. I thanked him and said my order would be in at lunch.

At lunch I made my order. Wanted to make sure I was correct in how ordered so I emailed Mr. Fowler on what I did. Around a hour or so I received an email stating he got the order and I had done it correctly. He also said he would build it yesterday afternoon and ship it today.

That is some customer service! I expected it to be a week or so with it as close to the season as it is, but nope. I should have that fine piece of craftsmanship in my hands by Monday or Tuesday!

Just wanted to share and show my appreciation for Mr. Fowler's great service!

Will post a picture when it arrives!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

packmule

Congratulations on your new order.  They don't come any better that Harold and his strikers are first class!

REBELYELL

Mr. Harold is good as they come. Congrats on a great striker, one of my favorites. I have the exact same one with an Osage top.

M Sharpe

Mr. Harold and Derick are both top notch guys!!! Been knowing them for years!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

sbbow

You will be very happy with that striker!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgm1955

bowbird87

My Osage and snakewood was the first striker I got from Mr Fowler years ago. It's definitely a great stick, and He is a top notch person.

OHturkey85

I also had the same situation I ordered the same striker it's top shelf craftsmanship! I also ordered a tulipwood and a ipe striker Mr. Fowler said he had to turn them this was on a wendsday evening they were in my mailbox that Saturday!!

Stump.270

Mr.fowler is a great guy to talk to when you recieve it give him a call and tell him how much you like it because there is not doubt you will and you will find yourself talking to one of the finest men in the world I'm glad to call him a friend he had a lot of knowledge about types of wood and hardness and custom calls you owe it to yourself to talk to him I have had that snake wood since before snake wood was cool and it will play any surface call you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

You fellas sure are not helping my excitement any! Cannot wait to get it! Not sure I have ever been this excited on a striker, haha.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boatpaddle

I spoke with Mr. Fowler for the first time today..... :icon_thumright:

A fine southern gentlemen, that has that special quality of making you feel like you've known him for a long time...

I explained what I was looking for in sound on which surface & he told me, what woods, he would recommend..

So like any good turkey hunter would do......I ordered all of his recommendations... ;D

I can't say enough nice things about Mr. Fowler....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

idratherb

davisd9

SteelerFan

hunter22

Fine strikers from an even finer man.......