turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just ordered Screamin Demon 2

Started by 357MAGNOLE, February 26, 2016, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Those of you that have one, what type/style striker do you folks like with them?

Already PM'd Savduck to see what he recommends (his Jatoba is nasty on my other two pots)
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

WillowRidgeCalls

What kind of sound are you looking to get out of it, a younger hen--clean higher pitched with a soft rasp, a normal hen--mid tone with a medium rasp, or a boss hen--low tone with a deep rasp?
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

357MAGNOLE

A couple strikers for either sounds good to me. One higher pitched and less raspy and one deeper and raspy would be great.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

paboxcall

I have a hand whittled osage striker that pairs nicely with it.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

paboxcall

The laminate two piece striker Perfection makes also rocks!  I got a dymondwood striker from West Augusta that pulls the feathers out of that thing too.  Lots of options. 
:icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

jed clampett

That pot sings with just about any striker...i use diamond wood an yellowheart

RaspyD

I like the laminate/dymondwood striker on the Demon and would really like to try one of West Augusta's on piece dymondwood strikers.  I have also used a carbon tipped striker that really sounds good with the Demon and have even been playing around with a Corian striker that sounds great too.

Perfection Turkey Calls

paboxcall

Quote from: RaspyD on February 27, 2016, 07:40:15 AM
I like the laminate/dymondwood striker on the Demon and would really like to try one of West Augusta's on piece dymondwood strikers.  I have also used a carbon tipped striker that really sounds good with the Demon and have even been playing around with a Corian striker that sounds great too.

Your corian striker makes all my pot calls sound good, wet or dry! 

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: