OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cracklin Crystal

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, February 25, 2016, 07:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

What's every bodies thoughts on this call? I know david doesn't  make them anymore, and I wondered were they a hit or a hole.

Ol Yelper

I have one and glad of it. It's one of my favorites. Don't know why he stopped makin them. I heard once that it was to do with materials. Great call though!

REBELYELL

Very high pitched compared to his slate soundboard crystals. He is actually making me a hybrid cacklin crystal with a slate soundboard instead of glass. If you like high pitched calls, you will like the original with crystal over glass. It's much cleaner or less raspy than the Mistress or Sister.

Gobbleandgrunt

Thanks. Not much on high pitched calls.

letinmfly

I've heard a couple of them and didn't care for them.  As Jody stated they are very high pitched.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

allchokedup

Its one of my favorite calls. For me, a Zebra wood striker, makes this call sound pure turkey.
Love it.

Stump.270

I think it's a great call and the pit is made out of dymondwood so he can't make them anymore the Macassar ebony 2 piece that comes with mistress has a clean raspy pitch to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: letinmfly on February 25, 2016, 09:33:05 PM
I've heard a couple of them and didn't care for them.  As Jody stated they are very high pitched.

im with lou and jody on this. had one and got rid of it. I personally favor the twisted sister. the mistress and sister in my opinion sounds better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

greentag

I have one,and like others haves aid it is a very high pitched and loud call,it will hurt your ears in the house,i don't hunt with mine any more,i prefer a less high pitch call but I kept it due to the fact that it is in new condition and he does"nt make it any more.i have hunted it in the fall some though because it will kee kee like a champ.it makes a good fall call.

Terry

Quote from: greentag on February 26, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
I have one,and like others haves aid it is a very high pitched and loud call,it will hurt your ears in the house,i don't hunt with mine any more,i prefer a less high pitch call but I kept it due to the fact that it is in new condition and he does"nt make it any more.i have hunted it in the fall some though because it will kee kee like a champ.it makes a good fall call.
If you ever decide to get rid of it, contact me