turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mini Boat Paddle from Lightning Strike Turkey Calls

Started by paboxcall, February 24, 2016, 09:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Here's my newest edition - a mini boat paddle from Ralph Snodgrass at Lightning Strike.  What a peach this one is!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Ralph picked a sweet piece of ebony, jazzed it up a bit with holly inlays.  It sits pretty over reclaimed wormy American chestnut.  I was lucky enough to hear this call first person in the turkey woods, and was blown away!  That boy sure knows how to talk the turkey talk!

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hunter22

Never heard or ran a Snozz call that was not pure turkey. Congrats on that fine call.

SS Calls

packmule

mwr

Spring Creek Calls

That is one fine lookin' box call, congratulations!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

crow

Yoder409

Quote from: Treerooster on February 25, 2016, 08:58:06 AM
You should sell calls for a living John. The way you describe that call makes me want to buy it.  :)

John's cool and accurate description aside................ He coulda sold this one to me the night he handed it to me and let me play it.    :drool:

This one is ALL TURKEY boys !!!!!    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 25, 2016, 08:08:48 PM
Quote from: Treerooster on February 25, 2016, 08:58:06 AM
You should sell calls for a living John. The way you describe that call makes me want to buy it.  :)

John's cool and accurate description aside................ He coulda sold this one to me the night he handed it to me and let me play it.    :drool:

This one is ALL TURKEY boys !!!!!    :icon_thumright:

Wasn't sure if that was snow, or turkey feathers, flying around us in my driveway that evening!  You ran it perfectly.

:funnyturkey:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

boatpaddle

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on February 25, 2016, 08:35:41 PM
Nice looking call.... :icon_thumright:

Can I borrow it ????? :TooFunny:

Of course, but me and my 1300 are coming with it! 

:TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny:

The Woodsman

1tiogabowhunter

Beauty! 

I just picked up my second mini boat paddle from him.  They have an excellent sound and are somewhere between a longbox and a shortbox. 

I cant wait to put it to work again this spring!