OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Took a suggestion for the 835

Started by tha bugman, February 23, 2016, 07:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Read somewhere on here about weighting the stock with sand.  Went to wal mart and got some.  I checked out and the lady Said is this for a fish tank?  I said no a gun.  She said I never would have thought that.  ????.  I put 1/2 pound in the stock and capped it off with a Simms slip on.  Definitely made a difference and balanced the gun!  So thanks to whoever had that idea on here! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

agent eight seven O

Yeah, I found the tip useful also. Instead of sand, I stuffed a couple of socks in the buttstock. I was just trying to balance the gun better. Little bit of weight made a big difference.

bbcoach

I did the same thing about 10 years ago when I bought my 835.  I took some styrafoam, cut it to fit the inside of the hollow stock.  Put about 4 oz of lead shot in a sock, duct taped the sock all over and inserted it in the very end of the stock and topped it off with a Limbsaver.  It does help to balance the gun and definitely reduces the 3.5's recoil down to a 20 guage.

tha bugman

My only regret is not doing it sooner thats for sure!
Quote from: bbcoach on February 24, 2016, 11:32:23 AM
I did the same thing about 10 years ago when I bought my 835.  I took some styrafoam, cut it to fit the inside of the hollow stock.  Put about 4 oz of lead shot in a sock, duct taped the sock all over and inserted it in the very end of the stock and topped it off with a Limbsaver.  It does help to balance the gun and definitely reduces the 3.5's recoil down to a 20 guage.

bbcoach

Bugman, the only disadvantage I see to doing this is the added weight.  If you run and gun all day, she does start to get heavy.  I can definitely say it does help hold the gun steady since the center of balance moves back toward the shooter.