Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what hunting show host that you find annoying.

Started by hs strut, February 23, 2016, 02:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

He's lucky to be alive after that wreck a year or so ago.

Uncle Tom

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 29, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Where do I begin.... Oh yeah, old freak nasty himself Michael Waddell, Jackie bushman, all the guys with wild game innovations, lee and Tiffany, t bone from bone collector, that guy spook from spook , tom Miranda, Ralph and Vickie, the guy from long range pursuit,  roger raglin, the list could go on and on!  The only shows I watch are meat eater and fresh tracks, real guys really hunting and showing a true appreciation for wildlife, wild lands and conservation.
You did not mention # 1 himself....MR. Wayne Pearson...this guy absolutely blows my mind when he explains how it should have been done, how is way is the perfect only way, most proud, professor of everything I have ever seen. Haven't seen his show in long time..may not be on now...which is fine with many. He has to be at top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixbird

Quote from: tha bugman on March 04, 2016, 03:56:14 AM

Quote from: sixbird on March 03, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
Wild game guys for me. Can't tell you how many times I've seen those jack asses wound game and be all happy about it...The father and the youngest son are absolute morons!
Waddell gets tiresome, as others have said and Jon and Gina...My god what a couple of ego maniacs!
The list is pretty long...How about Fred Eichler? The screamer...Man he annoys me!
I do like Sporting Chef. That guy has a great sense of humor and doesn't seem to take himself very seriously.
Of course Randy Newman and Steve Rinella. Great hosts. I like Shockey also.
The guy that nobody but me seems to like is Jimmy Big Time. I love the way he spoofs all the shows that make the hosts out to be something they're not. Funny stuff!
see I thought Jimmy was hilarious...told my buddy and he watched it and just didn't "get it". To each his own I guess

Yeah, Jimmy Big Time! The episode where they were trying to cancel his show was hilarious! And the one where he was running from the warden...How anybody could think that wasn't funny is beyond me...

snapper1982

Cant stand the busbices! I see they are probably the winner on this thread but i have to wonder how many of you that cant stand them actually do support them? They have their hands on so many products it really isnt funny.

How many of these companys products do you guys that dont like the busbices own?

AVIAN
Ameristep
Barnett
Bloodsport
Evolved
Flextone
Halo
Plano
No limit
Tenzing
Wildgame
ZINK

And there will be more because as much as people dont like them they also do not pay attention to what products the idiot get money from.

born2hunt

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 04, 2016, 09:59:38 PM
Cant stand the busbices! I see they are probably the winner on this thread but i have to wonder how many of you that cant stand them actually do support them? They have their hands on so many products it really isnt funny.

How many of these companys products do you guys that dont like the busbices own?

AVIAN
Ameristep
Barnett
Bloodsport
Evolved
Flextone
Halo
Plano
No limit
Tenzing
Wildgame
ZINK

And there will be more because as much as people dont like them they also do not pay attention to what products the idiot get money from.

Well I cant stand them and will NOT watch them for a second...But....I am not going to go around researching who all sponsors them before I buy something that's a good product. Take Tenzing for instance, I had no idea they were tied to them in any way but I don't care. They make such an amazing back pack that if I lost mine tomorrow I would go buy another...I wouldn't care if they sponsored Obama. Now as far as the crap they make...they can keep it. And I have no use for any of the cheap Flextone junk they promote either.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

MK M GOBL

AVIAN
Ameristep
Barnett
Bloodsport
Evolved
Flextone
Halo
Plano
No limit
Tenzing
Wildgame
ZINK

Luckily from this list I only own a few Plano tackle boxes... and way before Plano Synergy was in place. (can't see that I would be buying anything from any of these companies in the near future). It's just like most things we as consumers have "no" say in where a company spends there advertising dollars... And would have a hard time guessing where the dollars I do spend on my hunting gear goes, or who these companies support through their advertising.
I have been fooled early on in my turkey hunting years by a few of these "pitch" artists, but have learned my lesson. I can honestly say I have not purchased anything these "Outdoor Show" hosts try to sell you in a very long time.

MK M GOBL

tha bugman

I like trying different stuff I would still like it even w/o all the mainstream marketing.  I am like a kid when I get my catalogs in the mail...as The Boss Hen rolls her eyes.

snapper1982

Quote from: born2hunt on March 04, 2016, 10:41:45 PM

AVIAN
Ameristep
Barnett
Bloodsport
Evolved
Flextone
Halo
Plano
No limit
Tenzing
Wildgame
ZINK

Well I cant stand them and will NOT watch them for a second...But....I am not going to go around researching who all sponsors them before I buy something that's a good product. Take Tenzing for instance, I had no idea they were tied to them in any way but I don't care. They make such an amazing back pack that if I lost mine tomorrow I would go buy another...I wouldn't care if they sponsored Obama. Now as far as the crap they make...they can keep it. And I have no use for any of the cheap Flextone junk they promote either.
oh so you wont use the crap they make? None of those companies listed sponsor the busbices. All of those companies are OWNED by plano-synergy and guess who is one of the big dogs of plano-synergy. Ryan Busbice, so you in fact do use and praise the "CRAP" they make! This only points out my whole point. Most people do not know enough of the companies that are tied together to put those idiots out of buisness. Which i really do not think at this point is even a chance of happening because they are just to big. People dont like them and how they make hunting look to outsiders. I am just as guilty of it. I bought a tenzing pack before i knew they was tied. I wont buy another. I needed a small ground blind that was packable. Well i bout an ameristep tom taker2. I knew they were tied but it was the only choice i had for a small hub blind. I also own plano tackle boxes.

fallhnt

From the above list...a Plano tackle box that I bought 20 years ago. Don't use ANY of the other stuff. Don't even know what Evolved,Halo and No Limit are. Barnett is xbow junk,so that's out in my world.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TANK

Swather

Quote from: RS on March 04, 2016, 02:59:26 PM
I don't think there have been any opinions  expressed about the "Pigman".  hard to believe.

You missed them.