turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Two Piece Striker

Started by vt35mag, September 04, 2016, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

I carry two with me at all times. Jessie Newsom osage top with carbon fiber corien shaft and tip plus a really old HS rosewood.

hunter22

Quote from: callmakerman on September 05, 2016, 10:50:20 PM
I carry two with me at all times. Jessie Newsom osage top with carbon fiber corien shaft and tip plus a really old HS rosewood.

I got a couple of Jessie's corian tipped carbon strikers and they are outstanding. One has an Osage top and the other a Cherry top.

davisd9

Another vote on Fowler Snakewood with Osage top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Jbird22

Another vote for a Harold Fowler Snakewood. Mine is either an Oak or Hickory top. It's a good'un. As for dowel-type two piece strikers, Jay Ritchie makes some good ones.

vt35mag

Good feed back guys. My favorite is a halloran two piece dymondwood.

Picked up some parts from Brookside to take a stab at making my own. Ended up having good luck with a black locust top and dowel, as well as a walnut top and cocobolo dowel. Really like the cocobolo, plays well on all surfaces with some nice rasp. Tried making four with a macassar ebony dowel and different tops, but didn't come up with anything I went crazy for.  Maple top and ebony dowel wasn't too bad.

SwampRooster17

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on September 04, 2016, 11:42:50 AM
My all time favorite two piece striker is this Lonnie Mabry yellowheart with mahogany top.  I can't leave home without it.
My favorite 2 piece striker is identical to this one except purple heart dowel

beakbuster10

Pat Strawser two piece diamond wood

WillowRidgeCalls

Pappy's two piece snakewood, never leave home without it.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

vt35mag

Quote from: davisd9 on September 06, 2016, 09:04:26 PM
Another vote on Fowler Snakewood with Osage top!

I have one of these on order with Mr. Fowler.
Also ordered one piece black limba, black locust, ipe, and canarywood strikers.

vt35mag

Got my order from Harold today, great strikers! He is an awesome person to deal with too. Osage/Snakewood flat out rocks! Thanks for sharing all.