News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BEST CHOKE ON THE MARKET

Started by REDMAN, March 30, 2011, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Redman,

Don't worry about the other choke companies and what they have.  Show us what you got!  :icon_thumright:

bird

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: bird on March 31, 2011, 07:26:11 AM
Redman,

Don't worry about the other choke companies and what they have.  Show us what you got!  :icon_thumright:

bird

x2

davisd9

Mossberg 835 24" barrel using Hevi13 1 5/8oz. 3" #6s, Star Dot choke is the best!  215 - 242 in 10" at 40 yards with a great even pattern.  Could jump my numbers with the 2 oz load but 215 is plenty for me and why pay $20 a box of 5 when I pay $8 a box of 5.   :z-guntootsmiley:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

redleg06

I hope Jeb is better at choke building than marketing/advertising...

bowhunter84

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 30, 2011, 04:30:01 PM
REDMAN,

Truth is, no one company out there makes the best choke. The best choke, is the one that works best in your gun, with the load you like, for its intended purpose. All guns are different and while one may work for one, it may not work for the same exact model gun, that someone else has.
:agreed:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: davisd9 on March 31, 2011, 07:30:30 AM
Mossberg 835 24" barrel using Hevi13 1 5/8oz. 3" #6s, Star Dot choke is the best!  215 - 242 in 10" at 40 yards with a great even pattern.  Could jump my numbers with the 2 oz load but 215 is plenty for me and why pay $20 a box of 5 when I pay $8 a box of 5.   :z-guntootsmiley:

You know I would like to see a picture of that pattern.  That is a hummer right there. 

Maybe you can show Jebbs what they need to try and beat.   :you_rock:

davisd9

Going to add a scope this weekend if the wind will allow.  When I do that I will post a pattern.  Not sure if the wind will work but as soon as I can get a calm day I am going to sight one in and I will post pictures.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

deadbuck

Chuck Norris can throw a choke tube and kill a whole flock of turkeys at one time!!

bird

Quote from: deadbuck on March 31, 2011, 09:15:42 AM
Chuck Norris can throw a choke tube and kill a whole flock of turkeys at one time!!

Chuck Norris don't need no choke tube.   He just gives em' the "look"!  :chucknorris:

surehuntsalot

Quote from: knightrider on March 30, 2011, 04:56:55 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2011, 04:43:20 PM
It's a trick question.  The answer is:  "The most expensive one!"   :D
if thats the case jebs is already outfront of the pack at 150 bucks :TooFunny:

what a joke :o
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

goblr77

There is no consensus best choke on the market. My three main rigs are set up with three chokes of different brand names. Different guns like certain chokes, regardless of who makes them.

Mag10

Jebs,  If you do have a choke that is as good as you say it is put a few in the hands of a few of the most respeked members on OG and if they are what you say they will sell them self's.  You are not doing yourself's any good with just talk by your workers and friends.

goblr77

Quote from: Mag10 on March 31, 2011, 12:11:55 PM
Jebs,  If you do have a choke that is as good as you say it is put a few in the hands of a few of the most respeked members on OG and if they are what you say they will sell them self's.  You are not doing yourself's any good with just talk by your workers and friends.

Agree 100%.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Jeb must be on the phone with all those customers wanting a choke that they have yet to see any patterns from and cost more than any proven choke on the market.  Maybe I am missing the picture.   :toothy12:

davisd9

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 31, 2011, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 31, 2011, 08:57:58 AM
Going to add a scope this weekend if the wind will allow.  When I do that I will post a pattern.  Not sure if the wind will work but as soon as I can get a calm day I am going to sight one in and I will post pictures.
I can't wait to see that pic as well. Unless those pellets are way undersize, 242/336 pellets in the load = 72%/10". Pretty strong.  :o

Looked at the weather report just a minute ago.  Sunday looks like it might be an ok day to sight in the scope.  I will let ya'll know and post those pictures.