Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is it me or are calls really getting better the last few years?

Started by scoot12, February 18, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Am I a little nuts to think pot calls have really improved the last few years in sound.  Their are so many great callmakers now its almost mindboggling.  For someone like me with this sickness,  it doesn't help.  Just wanted guys opinions. 

hunter22

A few years ago there were only a handful of custom pot call makers. Now they are everywhere. And I don't know if it is the material they are getting to work with or what but there are so many great pot call makers out there now that are making killer sounding calls and they just keep taking my money.

REBELYELL

LoL. We need a therapy group section on here for us addicts.

hunter22

I remember my buddy Zumer (Boatpaddle on here) telling me several years ago to get out while I still could and I had no idea what he was talking about. It is a sickness.

Spitten and drummen

Agree. Man I spend waaaay too much on calls. Have great ones but always want more great ones.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

true story,  the other day I was digging out a pair of boxers at bottom of my drawer and found a pot I forgot I had even bought,  must have had it hid from the wife and forgot I even had it.  That is bad.

boatpaddle

Gentleman,

Please stop referring to this call buying as a sickness..

Man up.......It's an addiction, that no medication will help...No money is the only cure....

I told my wonderful wife, who has over 300 pairs of shoes, that ...

Turkey calls are an investment...

We can sell/trade a few to buy/obtain new calls.....

I'd like to see her do that with her shoes......  ;D
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on February 18, 2016, 10:35:21 PM
I told my wonderful wife, who has over 300 pairs of shoes, that ...

Turkey calls are an investment...

We can sell/trade a few to buy/obtain new calls.....

I'd like to see her do that with her shoes......  ;D

I foresee a shoe print on your butt if you told her that!   

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

boatpaddle

No, Sir...

The black & blue mark is almost gone........Stitches come out in 4 days..... ::)

Cast iron is hard.... :o
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Full strut

I agree! It is to the point now that you need to go to the convention to try them all  :cowboy:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

its a fact. I say im set and not buying anymore every year. I have bought 17 pots , 2 trumpets and 2 box calls already this year. it never ends.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

boatpaddle

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 19, 2016, 11:52:54 AM
its a fact. I say im set and not buying anymore every year. I have bought 17 pots , 2 trumpets and 2 box calls already this year. it never ends.

I truly understand..... :o :o
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

hunter22

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 19, 2016, 11:52:54 AM

Is that all????  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: