OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Air temps and patterns

Started by Muskie03, March 30, 2011, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

How are the air temps gonna effect my patterns? I was planning on going out this weekend and shooting a little. The air temps are probably gonna be around 40-45. I hunt till the end of May and the temps then could be around 75-80. Basically what does colder weather do to your pattern?
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Timberline

I have a tool I built in Excel that will project patterns based on range and termperature.  I know this has already tried before, but I took what I think might be a different approach to the problem.  I expressed everything as ranges instead of numbers.  Even when the actual pellect counts are entered, they are treated as ranges rather than individual numbers.  That way the tool can create a larger range based on how inconsistant the shotgun/choke/ammo combo is for an individual gun.  I think that is the key to making it work.  It works on the examples Slicky attached.

Is there someone on the OG staff that can look at this?  PM me with an email address and I will send the file an an explaination of what was done.  If it works, or can be made to work by the OG staff, I would like to post it somewhere for all to use.