OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another patterning range idea

Started by tha bugman, February 15, 2016, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I took 3 wire frames like they use for campaign signs and put my targets on them at 40 yards then I can shoot 3 different loads and determine the best one.  Then all I have to do is move the frames to 30 20 and 10 to finish out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

I love election time. Get all you can. I do the same but put mine at 20, 30, 40 yards.

Oconeeguy

One thing to keep in mind is that a given load/choke combo will shoot differently with the first shot compared to second, third, forth shots. I started shooting 4 shots of the very same shell/choke, starting with a clean barrel and letting it cool down between each shot. Kinda expensive but you can Learn a lot. For instance, my 11-87 likes (patterns better) Fed Heavywt. #7 with Trulock choke that has been fired one time, gun & choke. My BPS "likes" the same load in a CLEAN barrel & choke. You won't know this until you shoot a few rounds like that.

Gobble!

I like larger paper to see everything.

tha bugman

I normally do that I just don't have any adjustment on the gun I am currently shooting so it is what it is until I can get something adjustable. 
Quote from: Gobble! on February 19, 2016, 11:36:47 AM
I like larger paper to see everything.