OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Republican Primary Nomination poll

Started by Old Gobbler, February 14, 2016, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you vote for for the Republican Nomination

John Kasich
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz

tomstopper

Quote from: hookedspur on February 15, 2016, 08:16:29 PM
Well I'm just glad I'm allowed to vote for who l want.
There is so much more I would like to say after reading this post BUT I'm not .
I will vote my conscience and pray for guidance for who ever comes out the winner.

I'm not going to vote for another career politician, where has that taken us ?
My thoughts exactly......

davisd9

The more Trump opens his mouth the more he shows just how classless and foolish he is.

The past debate truly shows this.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

Not gonna vote for any of them in the primary because I'm not a Republican and CAN'T vote in the primaries.

I started to type that I left the Republican party...................but I didn't.  It left ME.  Today's Republican party is not much more than democrat-lite.

Both me & the Mrs. registered Constitution Party USA.   Yep.  It's a fringe party that will never field a contender candidate for anything.  But THEY stand for what WE stand for.................. God, America and her Constitution.  Good enough for me.......
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

southern_leo

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 15, 2016, 09:39:32 PM
Not gonna vote for any of them in the primary because I'm not a Republican and CAN'T vote in the primaries.

I started to type that I left the Republican party...................but I didn't.  It left ME.  Today's Republican party is not much more than democrat-lite.

Both me & the Mrs. registered Constitution Party USA.   Yep.  It's a fringe party that will never field a contender candidate for anything.  But THEY stand for what WE stand for.................. God, America and her Constitution.  Good enough for me.......
Cruz has been studying the constitution since he was a teen. He's more knowledge on the constitution than anyone I have ever seen run for office under any parties banner. If you believe in the Constitution I don't see how you couldn't be for Cruz. Not the TV Cruz but actually research his record and his personal history it is consistent. I love Trumps attitude but as much as I wanted to like him he has yet to bring substance to the table to define how he will carry out his plans. If Trump brought substance to the table I would love to hear it and am open, but he hasn't I'm starting to think he is all talk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Swather

Quote from: southern_leo on February 16, 2016, 02:42:03 AM
Cruz has been studying the constitution since he was a teen. He's more knowledge on the constitution than anyone I have ever seen run for office under any parties banner. If you believe in the Constitution I don't see how you couldn't be for Cruz. Not the TV Cruz but actually research his record and his personal history it is consistent. I love Trumps attitude but as much as I wanted to like him he has yet to bring substance to the table to define how he will carry out his plans. If Trump brought substance to the table I would love to hear it and am open, but he hasn't I'm starting to think he is all talk.

This is all accurate.

Cruz is hardly a career politician, he has served less than one 6 year term in the Senate.  He does not fit the bill to an exact "T" for me.  I'd rather he have more time in business in the private sector trying to function in the messed up economic environment Washington, D.C. has created, to have been responsible for profit and loss, to know the battle of paying taxes and keeping the doors open, and to have made a payroll.  He is also a bit young.  Instead, he spent some time working for private sector law firms, for the FTC, and as the Solicitor General of Texas.

But calling Ted just another attorney is like calling Mario Andretti or Dale Earnhardt just another motorist.  He is exceptional.  He argued numerous cases before the Texas Supreme Court and SCOTUS, and had a good record.  There is a learning in that which can only be obtained by doing it.

Even lefty Alan Dershowitz said Cruz was one of the smartest students he ever met at Ha-a-arvahd Law.  Keep in mind that Ha-a-arvahd is the oldest law school in the country, and each graduating class has about 600 students.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/09/dershowitz-tex-cruz-one-of-harvard-laws-smartest-students/

Everyone should watch this video and listen carefully to the part about Cruz having principles and core values and sticking to them.  He is the ANTITHESIS of the careerist, Cocktail Party RINO's that have betrayed us for years, like Frist, Hastert, Boehner, McConnell, Graham, and McCain.  That is why Ted made numerous of the aforementioned clowns so mad and they don't like him.  The fact that they despise him is as good as an endorsement in my eyes because they are everything that is wrong with the GOP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44BfNx1ZV6U

Swather

Quote from: Fullfan on February 15, 2016, 06:16:42 PM
Cruz is a career  politician and will be bought by the highest bidder, Trump on the other hand is not. Time to get the lazy off food stamps and welfare. Send the Mexicans back from where they came..

How do you define "career politician"?

The fact is that Cruz has served less than one, 6 year term in Congress.  He had never held a political office before being elected to the Senate.

Trump, on the other hand, is a weathervaning liberal and openly admits that he wants to make deal with the Dems.  That tells me he is too lazy to stand on principle and make the case to persuade people to his way of thinking and getting them to force Congress to go along.

I have seen no one with higher overall negatives than Trump, there is no one more caustic and divisive.

Finally, if you hear a position from Trump and don't like it, just give him a couple of weeks.  He will flip-flop on it and then deny he ever held a contrary position, accuse anyone that points out he changed positions of being a liar and call then rude names, and threaten to sue them.

yelpaholic

Trump has some good ideas and is a business man and people like his bold talk.  But he doesn't believe he needs forgiveness  (he said so )  and is not a Christian .. Granted he is not a muslim like the one we have now but  My opinion is that he is not the man we need..   Cruz may not be either  but I think he has my support until proven different...  Granted none of them are very good choices,, surely we have some  great leaders in America that could run... :z-twocents: :z-twocents:

strutstopper

[/quote]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
[/quote]

THIS!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: Swather on February 15, 2016, 07:12:13 PM
Ronald Reagan was a movement conservative, he brought people around to his way of thinking because he had ideals and articulated them.  The young people in particular are incredibly ignorant about about economics, and someone needs to inform them and move them to vote in their own best interests.

Furthermore, the notion that a candidate does not need or have to move people is absurd on its face.  There is a section in the middle called independents, and at least a small segment of them, in addition to the base and dedicated party voters beyond them, must be courted and won.  A good candidate will also get people to cross over, e.g., the "Reagan Democrats."

The states have the police power, which is the power to regulate for the "health, safety, morals, and public welfare."  Moral judgments inform laws, and always have.  Republicans did not make that up.  It used to be that people had much higher standards and better morals, and they used the police powers to prohibit things like abortion, prohibit sodomy, and to define marriage as between a man and a woman.  The states did not have to do it, but had the power to do it.  And if the atheists and agnostics with moral standards as low as an alley cat did not like the state's policies and the way the people voted to use the police power, they were free to move to kooky states like Vermont, Mass., and California.   

The reason that decisions like Roe v. Wade, Lawrence v. Texas, and Hodges v. Oberfell exist is because in each instance, 5 justices acted as oligarchs in black robes and mental gymnastics to find a way to undermine the Tenth Amendment and the states' exercise of the police powers.  Each of those subjects--homosexual sex (sodomy), abortion, and marriage had been regulated by the colonies and the states in the same way prior to passage of the constitution and beyond the addition of amendments, including the 14th.  That tells us that they knew that they were not relinquishing their rights to regulate them (or not) when they ratified the constitution and its amendments.  The leftists on the courts did not care, they were not going to let a little thing like the text or the clearcut historical uses and interpretations of police powers to get in the way of the result they wanted, and they weren't going to run for office to do it.  Roe in particular is an odious decision, with two female plaintiffs that openly admit that they regret having abortions and have felt loss and guilt, and the liberal lawyers involved admitting that they lied to SCOTUS about all the home abortions and injury and death resulting therefrom.  It was clearly a fraud upon the court.  Further, the recent videos from Planned Parenthood with discussion of discrete, identifiable body parts that could be separated and harvested from first trimester fetuses makes it painfully clear how inadequate a judicial process is to make the decision in Roe to draw the line at the first trimester.  It also belies the contentions of abortion apologists and proponents that there is nothing more at stake than a mass of cells and not a discernable life form.

The suggestion that women do not have autonomy over their bodies without abortion at will is absurd.  Women only need an abortion in a very small percentage of cases, usually due to an ectopic pregnancy and early death of a fetus.  Abortion law would easily accommodate that, but the liberals don't care about "need" until it comes to express, textual rights like the RKBA in the Second Amendment.  You will hear them talk about how no one "needs" and AR 15, or a semi auto handgun, or a "clip" that holds more than 5 rounds, etc. 

I want a Republican candidate that will advocate for my rights as fiercely and without apology as the godless liberal heretics advocate for abortion, sodomy, gay marriage, and a free gubmint cheese .  I don't want to hear a Republican tell me that I don't "need" a particular weapon and must jump through hoops and be on a registry when I have a clear, textual constitutional right borne from a violent revolution of young men that had guns and were therefore able to establish a free country.  And I certainly don't want a Republican restricting my textual gun rights to "need" while simultaneously supporting a judicial fiat right like abortion based on "want" and even being willing to throw my money at the issue such as appropriations to Planned Parenthood.

Finally, I will close by saying that those that believe a Republican can win an election without the support of social conservatives has a puerile and trivial understanding of politics, the core, and turn out.  Social conservatives are the base and the core of the Republican party.  End of story.  No candidate can win without them, as George HS Bush proved in 92, Dole proved in 96, McCain proved in 2008, and Romney proved in 2012. 

How did an unaccomplished, modestly intelligent candidate like George W. Bush get elected twice? Because he had the base and got them to turn out.  But he ran into trouble in 2000 due to the October surprise, which was a DUI Bush had gotten in Maine.  He had not been honest with voters and divulged it and addressed it, and he lost some of his support late.

I have a hard time listening to your fundamentalist rhetoric.

For too long we have had candidates/representatives who refuse to compromise in office.  Politics aren't about advancing your Christian Right, moral agenda.  The country is not homogenous.  It is, however, comprised of a variety of faith and non-faith based groups.  We need to focus on issues that are salient to everyone such as national security, immigration, fiscal policy and economics.

There are millions of Muslims who work everyday in this country to ensure our national security.  Terrorism is not exclusively associated with the international community.  It's rampant domestically, as well. Tim McVeigh, Dylan Klebold, Dylan Roof (Charleston shooter) were all white.  The Cartels are terrorist organizations.  They kill hundreds of people EVERYDAY. It's all terrorism. You're just too racist to recognize that terrorism isn't exclusive to a particular skin color or ethnic group.

We don't need candidates who draw lines with conceited, faith-based rhetoric.  We need a candidate who recognizes that our country is changing and that logical compromise is the only way to functional government. 

If the Republican party would just get the hell out of people's personal lives they'd be a lot more popular.  Who cares if a gay couple wants tax benefits? Who cares if someone is pro-choice?  Why can't we as a country disagree with each other without legislating for a superior position?

If you don't like gays, that's fine but why feel the need to legislate their lifestyle or deny them rights? If you don't believe in abortion, that's fine too, but why feel the need to tell someone else how to live their life when their decisions have no effect on you?

Cruz cannot beat Hilary in the general election. He can't beat her because he's too extreme and too offensive to the general populus.  Come November 2016 I guess you'll see the misgivings of not supporting a candidate who could.

catdaddy

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 16, 2016, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: Swather on February 15, 2016, 07:12:13 PM
Ronald Reagan was a movement conservative, he brought people around to his way of thinking because he had ideals and articulated them.  The young people in particular are incredibly ignorant about about economics, and someone needs to inform them and move them to vote in their own best interests.

Furthermore, the notion that a candidate does not need or have to move people is absurd on its face.  There is a section in the middle called independents, and at least a small segment of them, in addition to the base and dedicated party voters beyond them, must be courted and won.  A good candidate will also get people to cross over, e.g., the "Reagan Democrats."

The states have the police power, which is the power to regulate for the "health, safety, morals, and public welfare."  Moral judgments inform laws, and always have.  Republicans did not make that up.  It used to be that people had much higher standards and better morals, and they used the police powers to prohibit things like abortion, prohibit sodomy, and to define marriage as between a man and a woman.  The states did not have to do it, but had the power to do it.  And if the atheists and agnostics with moral standards as low as an alley cat did not like the state's policies and the way the people voted to use the police power, they were free to move to kooky states like Vermont, Mass., and California.   

The reason that decisions like Roe v. Wade, Lawrence v. Texas, and Hodges v. Oberfell exist is because in each instance, 5 justices acted as oligarchs in black robes and mental gymnastics to find a way to undermine the Tenth Amendment and the states' exercise of the police powers.  Each of those subjects--homosexual sex (sodomy), abortion, and marriage had been regulated by the colonies and the states in the same way prior to passage of the constitution and beyond the addition of amendments, including the 14th.  That tells us that they knew that they were not relinquishing their rights to regulate them (or not) when they ratified the constitution and its amendments.  The leftists on the courts did not care, they were not going to let a little thing like the text or the clearcut historical uses and interpretations of police powers to get in the way of the result they wanted, and they weren't going to run for office to do it.  Roe in particular is an odious decision, with two female plaintiffs that openly admit that they regret having abortions and have felt loss and guilt, and the liberal lawyers involved admitting that they lied to SCOTUS about all the home abortions and injury and death resulting therefrom.  It was clearly a fraud upon the court.  Further, the recent videos from Planned Parenthood with discussion of discrete, identifiable body parts that could be separated and harvested from first trimester fetuses makes it painfully clear how inadequate a judicial process is to make the decision in Roe to draw the line at the first trimester.  It also belies the contentions of abortion apologists and proponents that there is nothing more at stake than a mass of cells and not a discernable life form.

The suggestion that women do not have autonomy over their bodies without abortion at will is absurd.  Women only need an abortion in a very small percentage of cases, usually due to an ectopic pregnancy and early death of a fetus.  Abortion law would easily accommodate that, but the liberals don't care about "need" until it comes to express, textual rights like the RKBA in the Second Amendment.  You will hear them talk about how no one "needs" and AR 15, or a semi auto handgun, or a "clip" that holds more than 5 rounds, etc. 

I want a Republican candidate that will advocate for my rights as fiercely and without apology as the godless liberal heretics advocate for abortion, sodomy, gay marriage, and a free gubmint cheese .  I don't want to hear a Republican tell me that I don't "need" a particular weapon and must jump through hoops and be on a registry when I have a clear, textual constitutional right borne from a violent revolution of young men that had guns and were therefore able to establish a free country.  And I certainly don't want a Republican restricting my textual gun rights to "need" while simultaneously supporting a judicial fiat right like abortion based on "want" and even being willing to throw my money at the issue such as appropriations to Planned Parenthood.

Finally, I will close by saying that those that believe a Republican can win an election without the support of social conservatives has a puerile and trivial understanding of politics, the core, and turn out.  Social conservatives are the base and the core of the Republican party.  End of story.  No candidate can win without them, as George HS Bush proved in 92, Dole proved in 96, McCain proved in 2008, and Romney proved in 2012. 

How did an unaccomplished, modestly intelligent candidate like George W. Bush get elected twice? Because he had the base and got them to turn out.  But he ran into trouble in 2000 due to the October surprise, which was a DUI Bush had gotten in Maine.  He had not been honest with voters and divulged it and addressed it, and he lost some of his support late.

For too long we have had candidates/representatives who refuse to compromise in office.  Politics aren't about advancing your Christian Right, moral agenda.  The country is not homogenous.  It is, however, comprised of a variety of faith and non-faith based groups.  We need to focus on issues that are salient to everyone such as national security, immigration, fiscal policy and economics.

There are millions of Muslims who work everyday in this country to ensure our national security.  Terrorism is not exclusively associated with the international community.  It's rampant domestically, as well. Tim McVeigh, Dylan Klebold, Dylan Roof (Charleston shooter) were all white.  The Cartels are terrorist organizations.  They kill hundreds of people EVERYDAY. It's all terrorism. You're just too racist to recognize that terrorism isn't exclusive to a particular skin color or ethnic group.

We don't need candidates who draw lines with conceited, faith-based rhetoric.  We need a candidate who recognizes that our country is changing and that logical compromise is the only way to functional government. 

If the Republican party would just get the hell out of people's personal lives they'd be a lot more popular.  Who cares if a gay couple wants tax benefits? Who cares if someone is pro-choice?  Why can't we as a country disagree with each other without legislating for a superior position?

If you don't like gays, that's fine but why feel the need to legislate their lifestyle or deny them rights? If you don't believe in abortion, that's fine too, but why feel the need to tell someone else how to live their life when their decisions have no effect on you?

Cruz cannot beat Hilary in the general election. He can't beat her because he's too extreme and too offensive to the general populus.  Come November 2016 I guess you'll see the misgivings of not supporting a candidate who could.

"All compromise is based on give & take, but there can be no give & take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender for it is all give and no take." Mahatma Gandhi

Swather

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 16, 2016, 05:24:00 PM

It is likely because you are an ignorant millennial that is unwashed and got a trophy for just showing up.  That is clearly why you are an apologist for homosexuality and abortion.  Your obtuse response indicates that you do not understand, and are not capable of understanding, the important points I make regarding the constitution and its construction.  You also have no idea of who is electable and who is not; people with your facile understanding of politics were touting Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney in past elections because they were "electable."  People like you were eschewing Ronald Reagan in 1979-80 because he was too conservative and not electable.  No one that fails to carry his base is electable, but that goes over the head of the simple ones.

I am far from a fundamentalist, but I am a core conservative and understand the history of the country and the constitution and have the education and experience to back it up.  I further understand how the left works in the elected space, the bureaucracy, and the judiciary.   

If you don't like reading my posts, then don't, and don't respond.       

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Look up the word "conceit" in the dictionary.

I do not apologize for people who choose to live their lives differently than myself. The difference between me and you is that I do not condemn, impose or judge. I also do not subscribe to the "showing up to get a trophy" ideology.  What I do subscribe to is a rejection of myopic, ignorant, racist, conceited political positions.

I do not believe my religious beliefs and subsequent moral code should be projected upon others through policy.  I believe in God but believe the government has no business in godly dealings(that's called the separation of church and state.  The concept existed hundreds of years before we started printing "In God We Trust" on money). I support my neighbors right to be atheist and the gay farm owner who allows me to goose hunt to be themselves and live their lifestyles as they see fit.  I believe the millions of peaceful Muslims who reside in this country deserve the same rights as those who celebrate in the Jewish synagogue down the street receive.  I believe the right and wrong are very clear and agnostic in nature.  Does an act have undue and unacceptable implications on another person; it's that simple. Religion and morality are not mutually reassuring.  You can very easily have one without the other and many of my atheist friends are more virtuous than some of my religious associates.

The country was established as a sanctuary from religious persecution and based upon the opinions you spew, you'll gladly persecute and alienate anyone who does not align with your religious beliefs.  Here's a history lesson for you, professor, the Constitution and subsequent Bill of Rights (you know, the document that was a contingency for passing the Constitution) are designed to protect ALL American citizens. Not just those of the faith and color which you prefer.

We clearly agree to disagree.  Just remember, when your candidate (Trump or Cruz) loses to the Democratic nominee, it will be for the reasons I've articulated in these posts.

Swather

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 16, 2016, 06:34:40 PM
Look up the word "conceit" in the dictionary.

I don't need to look up anything because I have an education and an expansive vocabulary.  I also bill more per hour than you make in a day. 

I note that you do not deny being a millennial and don't deny being an atheist either.  That is despite writing a long, meandering post not responsive to anything I've said.

But you may want to look up the "I" word for those incapable of learning. 

Kasich is going nowhere and you voting for him is a futile act.  He cannot win the election because he cannot even with the base.  And that is a good thing, because he is another defeatist, career RINO. 

davisd9

This escalated quickly.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You might want to re-read my last post. It addresses a myriad of things such as your understanding of history, the constitution, the racist tenets you espouse in your response to my initial post and your narcissistic, fundamentalist, conservative orientation.

I do not deny being a millennial, actually acknowledged my faith in God (Paragraph 3, sentences 1 and 2. Are you a illiterate or just too used to legal jargon and speed-reading?), am curious about the relevance of socio-economics to this conversation and I am very certain there is no positive outcome to a debate with a narcissist southern litigator indoctrinated and drunk off his Bob Jones education.