OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Republican Primary Nomination poll

Started by Old Gobbler, February 14, 2016, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you vote for for the Republican Nomination

John Kasich
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz

southern_leo

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 26, 2016, 10:29:55 PM
I'd really love to see a Rubio/Kasich ticket.

Too many people in this thread discussing an extreme, uncompromising brand of conservatism.  Wake up; the demographics of the country are changing and demographic changes mean constituency changes. You can't continue to alienate the ethnic minorities with unfavorable policies (I.e Latinos) and expect to win elections.  You can't continue to offend social progressives and win future elections when the country is indisputably embracing those positions.

The erosion of white, judeo-Christian political dominance is happening and if you want to have any efficacy you can't preach ideology that forces your values on other people.  Christian conservatives want to draw lines in the sand and the more lines they draw the more they make themselves obsolete.

Let's talk about reality. Trump will never beat Hilary in the general election and neither will Cruz.  The numbers just don't get them to the Oval Office.  It's time to realize that compromise and bipartisanship is the way to functional government and you aren't always supposed to win when compromise is involved. It's time for the far right to realize they need to rally around a more centrist republican candidate in order to ensure their interests are at least considered, instead of being ignored under a democrat President.
I'm sorry sir, but you are wrong. Bipartisanship does not win (reference last two elections when Republicans nominated text book bipartisan candidates). Also the concept that Latinos are all Democrat's is wrong. Yes dems try to cater to them to sucker their votes, but most legal immigrants you speak with main concern is jobs, because most came here for work and they are not stupid.
    As far as beating Hillary where are your facts? The polls so far have been unstable at best. In a debate I do think Trump would have difficulty against Hillary, but Cruz would absolutely destroy her, I promise you. But debates may not play into election results.
    You have to vote for people based on principles not on who you think will win. I believe, and so far nominee results are showing, a silent majority does favor a strong conservative, not a middle of the aisle guy. If you like Rubio, then vote Rubio, but don't vote for him just because CNN polls say he will beat Hillary.
    BTW from my understanding those poll numbers do not take into account unforseen circumstances like prison time  :P

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk