OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lohman Long Shot Turkey Choke

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 30, 2011, 01:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Don't know if any of you guys remembered this choke made by Lohman and called the Long Shot, but I got one coming back my way that I gave to a guy and he wasn't using it.  It was a good shooting choke with the Hevi-13 loads.  It was a 835 choke.  I ask the guy if he ever used it and he said no.  So I ask for it back since I need a .680 choke for a shooting match choke for my 835 to try.  I figured why buy one when this one could work and serve my purpose.  So I will now have another choke to play with.  Here is what the choke looked like.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a picture of the choke in the package. 

Got that off gunbroker looking for one and I'll be dang if they don't have one there for sale. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222448822

pitjeep

i have a good 835 shooting match tube. pm me for info.

shootumindaface

I could have bought a bundle of them for 4.99 a bunch a years back.. Wish I would have scoffed them up to try with the HWs

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

bowhunter84

snapper1982

i remember them. lol.. got a question though... is that choke safe with htl shot? the package says "Specifically Designed for lead"

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 30, 2011, 10:05:55 AM
i remember them. lol.. got a question though... is that choke safe with htl shot? the package says "Specifically Designed for lead"

Yes it is. 

I think I called Flambeau who took over after the buy out of chokes like MAD, Lohman, and there might have been another choke maker but I can't remember.  I called them and I'm pretty sure this was one of the chokes I ask about.  And they said they were Hevi-Shot approved. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's another link showing that Lohman is now one of there brands. 

http://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/

knotheadedfool

I had one for an 870 back in about 99.  worst patterning choke that I could find at the time.

ILIKEHEVI-13

The choke I had for my 835 that I'm getting back shot lead 5's better than any choke I had.  It shot the Hevi-13 3.5 #6's well.  I'll bet it will shoot the #7 loads well too.  I will find out shortly.  This choke was one of the longest chokes I have seen for the 835 at the time it was made.  

neohiohunter

I know 2 people that have that choke for there benelli nova and last year they shot birds at 64 yards and 70 yards using 3.5" Winchester supremes #6's

snapper1982

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 30, 2011, 10:24:17 AM
Here's how you can contact them just to be sure I am correct. 

http://hunting.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_hunting/contact_us.html
oh no need for me to see if you are correct. if you say it ok then i accept that. just was wondering and didnt want anyone to get hurt. best of luck this year

ILIKEHEVI-13

The same guy has another one for sale for Browning Inv Plus or Win Super X2. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222449890

mightyjoeyoung

I have had one in may 835 for YEARS.  It shoots Winchester Sup. And Federal lead (not FC) better than any other choke I have.  I used it last November to win 6/9 turkey shoots.  I patterned it this year with 3 1/2" Win. Heavy #6s and it performed better than I thought it would, giving me 100% in 20" @ 30 yards with 240/10" with no noticable holes.  40 yards was 100% in 30" and 200/10".  I was getting a lot of wad fowling and it mic'd @ .678 so I gave it a pollish and now I don't have to clean it between cards and my patterns tightend quite a bit.  I usually won't pollish a choke but this thing def needed it.  Very thick steel and the thing weighs a ton
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.