OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Open or Tight Choke for Lead?

Started by NYlogbeards, February 12, 2016, 04:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

And the Flight Control Wad in the 20 gauge shell is much softer than the one in the 12 gauge load.  So much so that it is not really affected by a ported choke.  Also if you happen to be at the NWTF Convention this weekend Trulock is selling that choke for $35.

NYlogbeards

Don't have enough cash to spend on heavier loads if I get the choke, should I get the 565" choke and use the Win xx I have or use the current choke I have flush x full and get federal #7 or Hevi #6/#7

Greg Massey

Again as I told you get the 565 choke and you can shoot anything you want including the 5 that you have and later an if you want to try the 6 or 7 heavyweights you will already have your choke ...The 565 choke that I keep telling you to buy will shoot circles around that old flush choke you have. .IT'S A LOT BETTER CHOKE....

NYlogbeards

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 13, 2016, 02:16:43 AM
Again as I told you get the 565 choke and you can shoot anything you want including the 5 that you have and later an if you want to try the 6 or 7 heavyweights you will already have your choke ...The 565 choke that I keep telling you to buy will shoot circles around that old flush choke you have. .IT'S A LOT BETTER CHOKE....

Ok I'm buying it, thank you for your impute and knowledge, the choke will definitely give me better chance at good patterns than probably heavy shot in a flush choke, I will be posting the pattern and dead birds using the choke in the future.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: NYlogbeards on February 12, 2016, 04:23:39 PM
Is there any chokes tighter than 575" for mossberg? seems all the tighter chokes fit other gun manufacturers.

Primos Tightwad .570
Truglow GSX      .565
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Izzyjoe

Another vote for the primos tightwad, it can had for around $25, and it shoots great with various loads!

dawei

Quote from: NYlogbeards on February 12, 2016, 04:23:39 PM
Is there any chokes tighter than 575" for mossberg? seems all the tighter chokes fit other gun manufacturers.
I use a Wrights® SWARM™ .555" in my 20ga Mossberg® 500. Very pleased with this choke.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

dawei

Quote from: NYlogbeards on February 12, 2016, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 12, 2016, 05:13:42 PM
575 - 585 will probably be to open for what your looking for. 555 - 565 would be where I'd start. What choke are you currently using?

I'm using a Carlsons flush 585" xfull choke, i cant find anything tighter than the Carlsons 575" for a Mossberg, what chokes with a tighter constriction will fit in a Mossberg?
Within gauge Mossberg®, Winchester®, H&R®/NEF®, Savage®, Weatherby®, SKB®, Valmet®, and Browning® Invector® (not Invector Plus®) are fully interchangeable.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given