turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm sueing Old Gobbler for this addiction

Started by jtg88, March 30, 2011, 01:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeytromp

Well if we just hunted these turkeys for just food for the family we would all get by a hell of alot cheaper and just go to the supermarket and get a 25lb. butterball and its over and done with, But it's the cool things like getting out in the woods, wearing all the camo & Vests, playing with all our little calls, patterning our loud sounding thunder boomer shotguns so they shoot like rifles and most of all making our wives and girlfriends stirr crazy!!  But You Gotta Have it and Gotta Love it The "turkey hunting" sport is a rush like no other!!  :boon:

Longshanks

Definately a fun hobby. I have three beretta turkey guns and have 2 out of 3 dialed in shooting H-13 7's. I have been turkey hunting for 37 years and have killed allot of longbeards around the country. My only concern with all this is that I have missed more turkeys in the last 3 years than I missed in the last 20. Been shooting these turkey guns that shoot patterns the size of a baketball and they look great on paper but it is easy to miss a turkey up close.  The majority of turkeys I killed was with a 870 I was given at 12 years old. I converted allot of years ago by cutting the barrel to 20in and put in a hastings .665. Shot winchester lead 5's and killed the snot out of turkeys. I wouldn't shoot a turkey over 40yds anyway so I'm thinking about going back to my old school gun. The funnest part of turkey hunting is getting the bird within 30yds and seeing him in all his glory. I will keep enjoying shooting these guns but shooting a turkey at 50yds plus isn't turkey hunting..it turkey shooting.

cgarner1