turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm sueing Old Gobbler for this addiction

Started by jtg88, March 30, 2011, 01:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtg88

Before I became a member of this site two years ago I shot 3" 2oz lead #4s out of factory turkey choke.  I never patterned the gun other than to shoot at the occasional coke can only to look at and say "that'll do fine".  I killed every turkey I shot at and I was darn happy doing it.  Since joining this site I've tried 3 chokes and 3 different shells totaling 9 shell/choke combos in my 20 gauge and in my 12 gauge I've tried 4 different shells through 2 chokes totaling 8 shell/choke combos.  I have become a pellet counting guru and sit and think of different load/choke combos that might allow me to squeeze out an extra 5 pellets or retain more downrange energy.   My fiance thinks I'm insane and tells me so frequently as do other older turkey hunters who have shot the same load for the last 25 years.  Hello, my name is Josh and I have a problem.

ILIKEHEVI-13

turkey_slayer

I know a good lawyer to represent us.  I will take a turkey hunt in exchange for money  :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

i agree. i have tried countless chokes and shells. several hours on the range. and more money than i even want to think about. it has been fun though :icon_thumright:

archery1

i totally agree with you.. this is one of the most addicting and expensive site i go on.. can't wait to try my setup with the hevi shot this year... got a month to go up here in pa though...know a lawyer and he takes turkey shells, calls ,trucks , guns ,  or turkey  hunts for payments
ggod luck with this
maybe there should be a turkey holics anonymous ???? :turkey2: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:>
Take a kid hunting

Basser69

I think that there are a lot of folks here in the same boat. I have shot 10 or 15 shells 4 or 5 choke tubes and would hate to think of all the money that has been spent on killing a 20LB. bird. If I had any sense about me at all, I would just go to the store and buy a butterball but it would not be near half as much fun....Oh not to mention all the guns

bird

I prefer to call it "Optimizing Performance Efficiency".   :smiley-char092:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TalksToTurkeys

Now wait a minute Josh. OG is to be commended for inspiring you to stimulate the economy.
Don't forget 11% of the money you spend on hunting equipment goes toward wildlife restoration projects thanks to The Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act.  :happy0064: :thanks:  :groupwave: :groupwave:

bowhunter84

mmusso

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on March 30, 2011, 12:06:58 PM
Now wait a minute Josh. OG is to be commended for inspiring you to stimulate the economy.
Don't forget 11% of the money you spend on hunting equipment goes toward wildlife restoration projects thanks to The Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act.  :happy0064: :thanks:  :groupwave: :groupwave:

I've also gotten very good at stimulating the economy since joining this site. I keep telling myself it is a positive thing.

Basser69

Quote from: mmusso on March 30, 2011, 12:25:40 PM
Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on March 30, 2011, 12:06:58 PM

I've also gotten very good at stimulating the economy since joining this site. I keep telling myself it is a positive thing.

While it might be a positive thing for the economy, it is a negative on the old wallet

trkehunr93

It's only money right?  you'll make some more!

killdee

I feel your pain, about to go downstairs and build a frame to hold my pattern paper to shoot more shot shells that cost as much for 1 as a whole box did that I used before, without 1 problem I might add. You just cant kill turkeys dead enough with the old shells, I want em extra dead.......

renegade19

Quote from: killdee on March 30, 2011, 04:38:29 PM
I feel your pain, about to go downstairs and build a frame to hold my pattern paper to shoot more shot shells that cost as much for 1 as a whole box did that I used before, without 1 problem I might add. You just cant kill turkeys dead enough with the old shells, I want em extra dead.......
X2.  Plus, I added a red dot sight because killing them dead with just a bead wasn't enough.  Now, I carry an extra battery and worry about bumping, dropping, or otherwise tweaking the red dot and causing a miss.  I'm thinking about changing mounts so I can look under the sight and see the bead if the red dot malfunctions............AAHHHHHH!  I feel you brother!