turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use Mossberg 500 20 ga. 22"?

Started by northms, February 10, 2016, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

I'm looking at buying this one.  Found it new at a good price.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/500-turkey-54339/

Anyone have any thoughts? 

Greg Massey

I don't own one but i'v read were some people have problems with some of these shooting high..etc...you may want to do a little more checking on that part about shooting high..

Greg Massey

You may want to read the POI problems on this page...

Dallen92

Thats what I plan to carry this year.  Have one I bought about 10 years ago that I just fixed up for this year.  It shot fed hwt 7s great with the HS undertaker in in .575, but plan to use tss this year.

davisd9

I wanted the 22" but the 26" was 50 dollars cheaper so I went that route.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

reminex

I shoot one. 22" barrel.  Fed 7 with ssx 550 puts up 150's
Tss with Indian Creek .555 gets me over 300.   Just bought a 500 turkey tactical with a 20" barrel.  Ought to be a step up.  Never any issue with poi but they come drilled and tapped which is a big plus in my book.
Weaver mount 417

Turkeyfever

I have one I used for two years. Federal copper plated #6 shot 3inch 1 /516 oz shot or the federal hvw # 7! Tru glo ssx choke tube combo has been good for me.

tree-rat sniper

Used one the past few years, took a nice tom in the fall of '14 and real nice 28 lb'er last spring.  I used 3" Win #5 lead loads (can't find HW7s around here very often).  Mine shoots to POA with most loads tested.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!